Search results

1. jas0336

09 R1 track bike

selling 2009 Yamaha R1 track-only bike. I purchased the bike new at the end of 2009 strictly for the track. I do not have the street plastic but if you purchase plastic it could easily be turned street legal again. Clean title in hand, when the check clears, you get the title. 1200...
  2. jas0336

Clip Ons

winter upgrades include a new Motion Pro adjustable throttle. This setup requires a longer tube. So I decided it was time to go with after market clip ons. After looking for a while, I'm down to either Woodcraft or Graves. I think you can't go wrong with either but the final decision (in my...
  3. jas0336

Bike design opinions

So my R1 has been in primer for over a year now. I've been throwing around some paint ideas and came up with this one (actually 2 versions). These are just mock ups but let me know what you think of the overall scheme and which version you like better...or if I should just start over :dunno:
  4. jas0336

Rd ATL Oct 7,8 9 meet and greet

I'd like to gauge interest in an idea I had for the Oct 7-9 Rd Atlanta event (specifically the Saturday night meet and greet) THIS IS JUST AN IDEA OF MINE AND NESBA STAFF IS NOT INVOLVED (although I asked John Allen before posting this) I have a group of friends who cook BBQ competitively...
  5. jas0336

Road Atlanta

Has something happened with Rd Atlanta? It's not on the AMA schedule and seems ominously LACKING from most groups' line ups. I wouldn't have posted, in fear of being flamed since the schedules are reportedly not final...but since there is one (ONLY) RA weekend on our schedule I thought I'd see...
  6. jas0336

Help needed- winter project

ok...no more track days for me this year. So to get me through the winter, I'll be painting the bike. I've got some ideas but would like any input I can get. Here's the first one I liked. Tell me what you think and maybe post your ideas.
  7. jas0336

XT lap timers

does anyone have consistent success with the XT Ultra Lap? I had a lot of trouble getting mine to come on at RA. It very well could have been user error or maybe not a perfect angle toward the beacon. Just wondering if its me or my setup or was there maybe something wrong with the beacon at Rd Atl?
  8. jas0336

Where's Rant??!!

WTH??!! First he gets all nicey nice then he quits posting... There's been plenty of "soap box" material on here and I need a YouTube fix! J Honk Elipse out
  9. jas0336

VIR July

Looks like VIR is all we've got next month in the south. So what are your opinions... VIR South-VIR South? OR VIR North-VIR Patriot? I've never been to VIR so I'm looking forward to it but North looks the best and Patriot looks...well tiny. Can I get some impressions from those in the know...
  10. jas0336

Wtb: Rd atl sat 4/3

If anyone can't make it, please let me know.
  11. jas0336

Next 09 R1 question

If anyone has a decent picture of their rear brake reservoir setup after removing rear foot rests, I'd love to see them. I need to fab something up but havent figured out how I'm going to do it yet. Alternatively if anyone has found a pre-made bracket that would be even better!
  12. jas0336

Road Atlanta question

Since RA is coming up quickly, I thought I'd post a question I'd like some input on. After turn 5 a lot of people ride wheelies coming over the hill. I've had trouble finding the fastest way through that section. My 07 R1 would almost always come up and I'd have to back off a little to keep...
  13. jas0336

SharkSkinz on 09 R1

is anyone running stock exhaust with SharkSkinz on an 09-10 R1? I'm wondering how well it clears the CAT. Anyone with this setup or with insight...I'd appreciate your input.
  14. jas0336

Lizzy Leather ROCKS

I just wanted to give some positive feedback about Lizzy Leather. I sent in a suit in for a broken zipper and some scuffs. Liz did EXCELLENT work and had the suit back to me faster than promised. Also her pricing was awesome. I will continue to send my work to her and refer any friends that need...
  15. jas0336

FEELER: Shoei X-11 Vermeulen

SOLDJust a feeler. I'm thinking of selling my red/black x-11 vermeulen. I'd like to get $300 shipped. It's an XL and in nearly perfect shape. Worn on street for one season and to 2 track days. Can deliver to SE tracks. Has new clear visor and comes with Shoei bag.SOLD
  16. jas0336

Wheel question

ok...more cuiosity.... Why do people use 16.5" rims? Is it so they can get a larger tire on without screwing up geometry or something? Just curious as I look out the window wishing it was spring.
  17. jas0336

Dunlop question

just out of curiosity...what's the difference between the 209GPA and the 211NTEC? I know several out there have tried both. I've tried the 209s and like them a lot. The only thing I've seen on line is the 209 is great for 600-750 and 211 is great for 1000. Anyone have any more insight than...
  18. jas0336

New Tracks

thinking about adding CMP and VIR to my lineup this year. I'd like to get some feedback on these tracks. What do you guys think of them? Are they fairly technical? All the maps from VIR look to be fairly technical. CMP looks about average. But its tough to say from looking at a map. Any...
  19. jas0336

parts opinions

I'd like to get some thoughts on a few parts I'm considering for the off-season improvements: 1) G.P. Tech fairing stay. the replaceable arms seem to be a great idea...anyone using them or have an opinion? 2) Woodcraft case covers. The replaceable plates seem awesome but was wondering if...
  20. jas0336

Dunlop D210s

has anyone ridden the D210s on the track? They came stock on the 09 R1 so I was thinking of keeping them through the winter. What pressure worked for you? What was your overall impression? Any glaring issues? thanks for any input