05 gsx-r

jay956

Might be looking at a 05 GSX-R 600 track bike. I dont know much about the gixxxxxers. Anything in particular i should look out for? Is parts availability still good for a 05?

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
Very solid Bike! 04-05 are the same and still have a ton of parts available for them.

Joe Vital

PM Terrence, handicapped racer, he knows more about these things than most have forgot.

The 04/05 600 and the 750 are the same essentially except the engine. The 750 engine will bolt into the 600 frame and make an awesome cheater bike for the 600 class. Many people have done this and a few have been caught.

They are rock solid race bikes. Parts are plentiful and inexpensive, I like to think of them as the Chevy small block of motorcycle racing.

Atletic7

vinny337;131227 wrote: Jay,
Go ahead and pull the trigger you can't go wrong...
What he said!!
My '05 gixer 600 is a solid performing bike!
And there is more parts than you can handle. You can use anything from '04 and '05 Gsxr 600 and 750. That will give you more spare parts to choose from :D

jay956

well i should have jumped on it, it sold like 20 hours after i looked at it. still searching for a track bike, might have to wait till the winter though