05 Yamaha R1 *Clear Title* track ready for beginners

speedjunke

I'm asking $4000 obo. **CLEAR TITLE** It has been a street bike all 22k miles of its life. I work with both of the previous owners which we are all Army. The first owner is in his late early 40′s just retired and used the bike to commute to/from work everyday. last owner is a younger guy second bike, average rider, crashed it and was done with it. I got it from him, put it back together and planed on using it as a track bike I just moved here and need some extra cash so it has to go. Still has a clean title! I just finished doing alot of the services before taking it out to Roebling Road at the end of August 2011 which was the last time it was ridden. This includes, inspecting/measuring the clutch plates, reaplacing the brakes with EBC HH pads, cleaning calipers, replacing the throttle cables, flushing coolant and replacing with distilled water and water wetter, bleeding brakes with RBF 600,changed oil adjusting the EXUP cables (replaced one cable), full throttle body sync, replaced spark plugs with NGK iridiums, checked steering head bearings (replaced upper bearing). Only mods are K&N air fliter, Graves EGR block off plates, gutted cat and ASV levers. I do have a quick video that I took of it running while I was sycning the carbs showing them adjusted right. The fairings are brand new never crashed in Shark skin fiberglass race fairings!

I've taken her out to one track day just to make sure everything rode fine, adjusted the suspension for my weight 185 with gear. the only thing that I can tell is wrong and would replace if I could keep it is I would replace the clutch even though I inspected it with a dial caliper and it checked out. I believe its a little week and slips a little. Doesn't pull as strong as my 08 GSXR 1000. . .. But I just moved here and need some stuff and having two track bikes isn't going to cut it. . .. . . I do love the turn in on the yamaha's, i must say that!!
Anyway let me know what you think. I can answer any other questions, take pics of anything you may want. The only main damage is shown which is the tank and swingarm, as well as the clutch lever. Had fun with it on Roebling though! Get it now and have a great bike pretty much ready for the upcoming season. all it needs to go back to the street is street fairings and lights, the wire harness is still on the bike and i have done no modifications preventing it from being swapped back to a street bike.

Call me at 912 414 5243 Troy

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg