06 r6 quickshifter opinions, what do you like the most?

Rydell

Ease of installation, reliability, performance, and bang for buck. What brand have you found to be the best? What are your experiences with what you have?

In the market for one, hopefully I can shed some light on it and help future quick shifting R6 Nesbian's in their choice.

:popcorn:

R1Baby

Control Rider
Good luck with Bazzaz and Power Commander. Currently using Bazzaz FI Q, quick shift with fuel mapping. Installation is easy, everything contained in one box.

stow

There is a good post somewhere about this. My input on it was that in my experience both Bazzaz and DynoJet are good, but DynoJet will not repair their quickshifters after a crash. Bazzaz will repair theirs at a very nominal fee and they usually turn it around in one day. Just my 2 cents.

Bazzaz

Rydell;221556 wrote: Ease of installation, reliability, performance, and bang for buck. What brand have you found to be the best? What are your experiences with what you have?

In the market for one, hopefully I can shed some light on it and help future quick shifting R6 Nesbian's in their choice.

:popcorn:

As an employee of Bazzaz, I'll just state what we've built our Quick Shift to do and let the responders decide whether they agree.

Bazzaz offers a stand-alone QS called the QS4 USB as well as a version with integrated fuel management called the Z-Fi QS.

Ease of installation:

We use OEM connectors whenever possible; no splicing required. The Z-Fi QS is 2 units in one so it is cleaner and easier. Instructions are detailed with photos (download them from bazzaz.net to see) and we put a lot of effort into having the best tech support out there.

Reliability:

The construction of the shift switch is a biggie for us. We use an expensive spring made just for the switch that helps make it precise and durable. The control box itself is waterproof and heat resistant. We've even found it to still work after a bike was completely burned; the outside was completely charred and the unit still worked. All our parts come with a one year warranty and free tech support forever and ever.

Performance:

The biggest difference here is that our kill times are adjustable (time that the ignition coils are cut). You probably realize that 1st to 2nd is going to require a longer time to make the transition than 5 to 6. So we've made our quick shift adjustable by 5 millisecond increments rather than try to fit all gears into one set kill time. It's healthier and smoother.

Thanks. -DD

snikwad

coming to richmond Sunday morning to do some mountainbiking.
If you want, i can bring you a clear OE style ZG screen, that SS tail, and the QS4.
if youre interested, PM me an email, i will shoot you pics of all of them.

noobinacan

Bazzaz;221624 wrote: As an employee of Bazzaz, I'll just state what we've built our Quick Shift to do and let the responders decide whether they agree.

Bazzaz offers a stand-alone QS called the QS4 USB as well as a version with integrated fuel management called the Z-Fi QS.

Ease of installation:

We use OEM connectors whenever possible; no splicing required. The Z-Fi QS is 2 units in one so it is cleaner and easier. Instructions are detailed with photos (download them from bazzaz.net to see) and we put a lot of effort into having the best tech support out there.

Reliability:

The construction of the shift switch is a biggie for us. We use an expensive spring made just for the switch that helps make it precise and durable. The control box itself is waterproof and heat resistant. We've even found it to still work after a bike was completely burned; the outside was completely charred and the unit still worked. All our parts come with a one year warranty and free tech support forever and ever.

Performance:

The biggest difference here is that our kill times are adjustable (time that the ignition coils are cut). You probably realize that 1st to 2nd is going to require a longer time to make the transition than 5 to 6. So we've made our quick shift adjustable by 5 millisecond increments rather than try to fit all gears into one set kill time. It's healthier and smoother.

Thanks. -DD

Welcome to the Forums :)
Pretty cool to see Bazzaz involved directly.