07 ZX6R Exhaust Servo

jimeepop

Guys, This is not the jumper mod question thats been beaten to death a mil times.. but for any race aftermarket exhaust where the servo is no longer needed (and in my case removed) is there a quick jumper for that plug (one into the servo) to eliminate the FI light? i heard its not really a factor but if it can be gone id rather not see it on the dash.

Any help would be app.

Thanks

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
You don't actually need to remove the servo. It moves the exhaust valve using cables. Just remove the cables and leave the servo intact and connected. It will cycle when you turn the key on. (I don't know if it moves when riding with the jumper mod). If you're looking to shed every last gram and do want it off, then I'm of no help with which wires to jump.

If you're worried about interference with an exhaust system, it won't. The actual servo is on the opposite side of the subframe from where the midpipe runs.

Hope I've help at least a little.

BigBird

i know ivan's has an eliminator, other than that, i would just leave it on. i took it off, and it really doesn't weight that much, but i hate seeing lights on the dash also, so it stayed.

jimeepop

Thanks for the input guys. I thought someone would of had a trick to this simple problem by now but if not ill just add this fancy paperweight back on for the mean time.

FYI, I did try jumping the plugs with wires and the best senerio was the FI light delayed for about 5 sec. but than would reappear. so it does require some more electrical voodoo than just paperclips.

Meat

I have the Ivan's product on my 2005 zx-6r and the FI light does not come on. I threw my servo away right after I got the bike, not knowing it would cause the FI light to come on. I mean it is a Fuel Injection light not a Sound Police light.