08 R6 Questions

Sleeping Psycho

Just in case I might show up at the track (with a 2008 R6) I would appreciate knowing the following:

Are Stomp Grip Tank Pads useful on an 08 r6 or are they over-kill due to the shape of the tank?

I may have a crashing problem, are tank sliders recommended for the 08 R6?

jimmeigs

Chris:

Stomp Grips will help your positioning on any bike. It looks to me like the '08 R6 has the tank sticking out past the frame just like my '06 so the tank sliders are probably required by WERA just like on the '07 and '08 and will help prevent the tank from rupturing and causing a fire.

By the way, I had a high speed crash at Putnam and my R6 came through it with very little damage mostly because of the Woodcraft frame sliders which did their job and protected the radiator and such from damage. Highly recommend them.

Hope to see you out there soon.

dale.b

I have the 2008 R6 and I am not running the tank sliders. I lowsided at Nelson. No tank damage at all. The tank sliders are not required by WERA for the '08. The frame sliders did their job and I highly recommend that you get frame sliders.

stow

The tank on my 08 R6 ruptured in my last crash. I don't have tank sliders on my new tank yet, but they are on the list of things to do.

Joe Vital

The '08 R6 we are racing was low sided at high speed at Nelson last weekend. The tank suffered some damage, and my have ruptured if it slid any further. Tank sliders seem to be a good idea now, if for nothing else some peace of mind.

As for your other question, I would recommend Tech Spec over Stomp Grip. We have had very good results using the Tech Spec stuff. It is not anywhere near as abrasive as the Stomp Grip and thus does not abrade your leathers.

barry38

Joe Vital;63055 wrote:

As for your other question, I would recommend Tech Spec over Stomp Grip. We have had very good results using the Tech Spec stuff. It is not anywhere near as abrasive as the Stomp Grip and thus does not abrade your leathers.

+1 on this.

Sleeping Psycho

Glad I asked the questions, and thanks for your insights.

The Traxxion Dynamics Tank Sliders and Stomp Grip Traction Pads (clear) are on order.

Spoke with both companies and they were fantastic in confirming there is no conflict installing both products on the tank. Great products and great customer service explains why Stomp Grip and Traxxion Dynamics and appear to be everyone's #1 choice.

Oh and by the way, that picture of the bike with the burn marks; that just needs to be re-teched and its good to go right?

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
+1 on the Tech Spec grip pads. They are kinder to leathers. The other HUGE thing is the Tech Specs peel off waaaaaay easier than stompgrip. Stomp pads are pretty much a permanent install.