08 R6 Suspension??

stow

Ok who has an 08 R6 and has the suspension dialed in? I have the forks and shock valved and sprung for my weight but I think I have the geometry set wrong. I am using the stock shock with the stock ride height set along with the forks showing 12mm above the triples. I am running the Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsa Pros with a 180 rear. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane

stow

Ok I got some numbers from a couple of people in the know. One says run the forks flush with the triples and 295mm eye-to-eye on the shock. The stock shock is only 285mm eye-to-eye so you have to add spacers at the top frame mount. The other says to run the forks with just the caps showing and 293mm eye-to-eye on the shock. Both numbers were for Pirelli's with a 180 rear.

Can't wait to try out the new setting at Barber in November.

Shane

stow

dogger;23712 wrote: Hi Shane: What effects are you disliking about the handling/suspension of your R6?
I haven't came to terms with the bike just yet. I just want to make sure I am in the right range with ride hieght before I start doing anything else to the bike.

Getting the geometry set correctly on my last bike made a huge difference.

I will let you know how it goes. Are you coming to Barber in November?

Shane

dogger

I don't think I can make Barber. Best wishes on the suspension/geometry. If you come across something that works better for you remember what you did. I'll be picking your brain next time I see you. Have fun man. It'll come.

sobottka

I raced an 06 (basicly the same as an 08) and had it going pretty good. you want the forks as low as possible in the triple clamps, many people run them below the triples up to 8mm! and you do not want to add 10mm of ride hight to the shock, the stock shock length is pretty good. depending on the tires (dunlops) the stock shock length is too long so just go with the stock length for pirellis.

stow

I believe the 08 forks are 10mm longer than the 06/07 forks. The numbers I am getting are from Graves and Traxxion. They have the front flush in the triples with a 295mm eye-to-eye shock length. The stock shock is only 285mm eye-to-eye, but I need to get a good measurement too double check this.

Thanks for the feedback though. I will keep this in mind if my bike handles badly after the change.

Shane

sobottka

stow;24416 wrote: The numbers I am getting are from Graves and Traxxion.
seems odd that you would ask for advice on a track day forum given this. :dunno: take their advice, they know what their talking about

stow

sobottka;24439 wrote: seems odd that you would ask for advice on a track day forum given this. :dunno: take their advice, they know what their talking about
I didn't have this information when I originally posted (see post number 1 in the thread). But since I got the information from other sources I thought I would update the post and let other members know (see post number 2).

stow

jimgl3;24556 wrote: gee Shane, i thought you were just thick headed!:banghead:
LOL!
8 Days and counting!
Yeah that doesn't help.

8 days should be enough time to change the oil, clean bike, take off wheels, take wheels to Dave, have Dave put on new tires, adjust ride height on forks, remove shock, measure shock, reinstall shock with necessary spacers, put wheels back on, clean and adjust chain, and set the sag on the bike with new geometry. Along with going to work and taking care of family time. I need to get busy.

See you at the track.