100 versus 110

cecilio64

Some of the "Gas City" stations around me carry 100 octane race fuel until Nov 1 then they switch out to kerosene. Is it worth it to buy and bring this along to a TD or is the 110 @ the track that much better?

TN10R

Running a higher octane fuel alone will do little to nothing for performance. Higher octane does not mean more power, generally it means less. The reason to run higher octane fuel would be to address engine modifications like higher compression.

Generally a stock engine will run best on pump gas rather than a high octane race fuel. Most using race fuel in a stock engine use U4. In a properly tuned setup, U4 can provide several HP. Unless you are racing I wouldn't be springing the $$$ for U4 all the time.

Mr. Blindrider

TN10R;21662 wrote: Running a higher octane fuel alone will do little to nothing for performance. Higher octane does not mean more power, generally it means less. The reason to run higher octane fuel would be to address engine modifications like higher compression.

Generally a stock engine will run best on pump gas rather than a high octane race fuel. Most using race fuel in a stock engine use U4. In a properly tuned setup, U4 can provide several HP. Unless you are racing I wouldn't be springing the $$$ for U4 all the time.

:agree: Unless you have higher compression (internal motor work) you will do nothing but hurt your bikes power. Don't waist your money.;) On the flip side, oxygenated fuel is badass.:D