13 & 14 June NCBIKE

Mini-Pani

Jason
To everyone who made it out and made it safely back home in THAT HEAT.... cheers! To say it was blistering hot is an understatement.

I want to give a special kudos to all the control riders and staff for their patience in talking to us while sitting on hot bikes right after we came off the track! You are better men and women than me cause I would have done differently, LOL!! And last but not least, I just want to say my friend's wife, who went down with heat exhaustion, who then got back on the bike to go back out for another session in the afternoon.... LIKE A BOSS!! is an awesome chick. You are lucky to have her bro

~Jason

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
Were you over on the side of the building? I was riding around on the bicycle and I hope flagging down the EMT's helped her out. Glad to hear she was able to go back out later in the day and glad you all had a great time.

Yes the heat was oppressive, but we enjoy giving advice to improve the riding ability of all.......it is a reward to us when riders get better and excel.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
I was working with Lisa on Sat. Glad she was able to get past the he at exhaustion and was feeling better. I was very happy to see her get back out there. She was doing great for her first day!

Mini-Pani

Jason
A.J. I will say thanks a million bro! After shooting the sh!t with her husband I found out when she gets her mind wrapped around something she will succeed or die trying?!?!

Yes, we were on the side, but we were definitely NOT pleased with the EMT's performance!!! Two of us are SPEC OPS medics so we are critiquing with experience. I feel it was piss-poor planning to NOT have a bunch of ice on hand. It's 100-degrees, 130 degree track temps and people are practically living in thick leather suits all day.... What the f@ck do you think could possibly happen on a day like that?? Bottom line.... DO BETTER AIRBORNE!!

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
I just want to make sure she succeeds! ;-)

Sorry you had a bad experience with the EMTs on site. Something we can take note of. Not sure how much control we have of that as an organization. Typically we have to step out of the picture and let them do their jobs. We will circle back and discuss internally and see if there is a better way to plan for these types of conditions. Thanks for the feedback!

Mini-Pani

Jason
I don't want to be too harsh or rude but I do want to get our point across! Seemingly minor injuries like hers simple can't be overlooked and must be treated equally as serious as say a 100mph crash.

I greatly appreciate you guys taking our feedback for future trackdays.God knows, come hell or high water, I'm gonna be out there on that track with you guys cutting it up!!
On to Roebling....

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Not defending the EMT's , but that track's facilities are kind of a work in progress. They don't really have any place to store ice for such a situation.
It's a pretty barren paddock....but as word gets out and that place gets more popular, I'm guessing we'll see improvements like more showers and an
improved/paved paddock area. It's already ahead of Pitt Race was when it started out as BeaveRun.

I don't know about anyone else, but if heat's an issue I know if I'm there, my toy hauler's open to help folks cool off between sessions. Amy and I are in there with
the AC crankin...bring a few bottles of water in and sit down with us so you can bring your core temperature down for a little while and endure the day better. I believe
the main building was also open with AC on for people to get out of the sun between sessions. I'm sure just about anyone else that has their camper/RV on site would
be more than happy to share a little cool air with a fellow N2'er.

In fact I know I offered it to the folks next to me..they had a little guy about 18 months with them, Matthew. Little folks cannot tell us when the heat's getting to them.

Another option/suggestion would be to maybe bring an extra cooler with ice to soak your back protector in ice/ice water between sessions. Put it on before you go out to
help cool your spinal column/central nervous system and again help keep your core temp down.

This past weekend's conditions were pretty extreme. I drank fluids all the way home and was still down about 3 pounds when we got home. Cannot remember a weekend at the track
that was that warm.

BUT HOT DAMN IS NC BIKE FUN!!!!!!!

akunochi

Infield capability evaluator
Hey guys,

Lisa had a great time and despite her going do pretty hard from the heat she'll is ready to go back. All I've heard is what on the schedule what's on the schedule.....etc

As far as the EMT's I think the issue is two fold.

1st: Being in Special Operations I can tell you that we go from 0-100 percent on treatment because we immediately treat the systems. Comparatively civilian medics tend to apply a treatment...wait reassess...etc.

2nd: The facility is underwork, but this comes back to medical readiness which is a fundamental planning consideration for any event. The major issue comes back to the fact that it took a substantial amount of time for them to address the fact I told them she had severe asthma and the heat exhaustion had caused the onset of an Asthma attack. Airways are a primary concern in trauma medicine. Ironically enough....once they applied O2 and atomized asthma medication the entire situation de-escalated. I think this goes back to tunnel vision that occurred by the EMT crew, who honestly probably rarely deals with trauma medicine in a small town.

3rd: The staff of NCBIKE were awesome. The made a cold shower and towels available to her and left the garage open for us, which really helped both Lisa recover and our 2 year old enjoy the day even more.

AJ: Lisa was very very happy with your coaching and critiques...while she agrees with Lenny that the bike might be a "little" bike for her, she doesn't plan to get off it any time soon...unless she steals my Triumph.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Glad to hear she is excited to come back! More than happy to keep working with her if we can sync up at another event. Even if I am not riding with a particular group or rider anyone is always welcome to stop by and ask questions.

Bike size and type are always going to be a personal preference. You can learn a lot from a smaller less powerful bike. But the fundamentals still apply regardless. Smooth inputs, hitting your apexes, etc.

Hope to see you guys back out there soon!