1987 28' Southwind RV - Iowa

mlmoore

I bought this 18 months ago to use for track days and to see if my wife and I had any interest in RV's. Just bought a newer RV and need to sell this one.

I'm giving any NESBA members who might be interested first chance at $5000. If I don't get any offers I'll put in on craigslist/ebay at $6000 and go from there. If you have any questions or want to make an offer PM me.

I will get more pictures and details later this week.

This is from memory. I'll try and include all known issues.

*Twin beds in back, Jackknife sofa in front.
*Additional swivel rocker
*shower
*separate toilet with sink
*About 108,000 miles
*Chevy 454 4-barrel
*automatic trans
*A/C, furnace, refrigerator, oven,microwave,tv,water heater,water pump all work fine.
*Generator starts, but needs a tuneup. After it warms up it will sometimes dies when AC kicks in. I think it is a problem with the idle speed and governor but not sure. I always just got electric at the track and didn't use the genset.
*Newer carpet.
*Tires usable. I will measure tread.
*There was a minor leak in the roof before I got the unit but it was repaired. It needs some roof caulking around the edges but I noticed it to late last fall to do a decent job. I did a quick fix to get through the winter and intend to fix it right this spring. The rubber roof itself if fine.
*Dash AC belts squeaks sometimes. It had this problem when I was looking at it. Previous owner put new belts on but when I look I think they were the wrong ones (too narrow).
*Awning has tear on front edge. Still usable but needs to be replaced. Duct tape only lasts so long:dunno:
*Drivers side window cracked from rock hit. Below line of vision and has been that way since I got it.

The following pictures and link are NOT my RV, but look just like it. Just less miles.
http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-RVs-trailers-1987-Fleetwood-28-ft-Southwind-Class-A-Motorhome-W0QQAdIdZ100714245