1998 Chevy 2500 3/4 ton Work Truck $3750

Trent1098S

12/20/09 Price reduced from 3750 to 3000

This has to go so I can fix my bike up for next year..

I bought a new 4x4 this fall, so I'm selling my old toy hauler. $3000
or best offer, and I'll throw in extra parts. This truck has a history.. so bear with me. I've done all the maintenance on the truck.

1998 Chevy 2500

5.7 liter V8
Extended cab 2 door
2 wheel drive
Full size 8' bed
"Work Truck" trim (manual windows, manual locks, rubber floor, you can hose it right out!)
Reese hitch mounted w/ 1 15/16 ball
Tow package, rated 9800 lbs towing capacity
1750 lbs capacity hauling granite boulders

RV-style Trailer wiring connection for my trailer is temporary and in piss poor shape after a year of abuse, needs a new trailer wiring connector for your trailer, or the stock ones reconnected if they fit yours.

Repairs made:

August 2009 -
* New passenger side window, lawnmower tossed a rock at it.

July 2009 -
* Brand new front calipers (both sides)
* Brand new front rotors (both sides)

June 2009 -
* Brand new alternator
* Brand new battery

October 2008 - Hit deer on front passenger side, I was not carrying full coverage so did the repairs myself. Total cost over $1700 in parts... mostly because I improved on the functional parts when I did the job. The following repaired:

* Frame straightened
* New aftermarket grill (it's shiney and looks a LOT better than the cheap plastic stock crap)
* Installed projection aftermarket headlamps (stock headlights SUCKED.) These work better than the stock "brights" do, as far as visible range goes, without blinding other drivers. (Expensive upgrade..)
* Replaced bumper
* Replaced battery box
* Replaced transmission radiator
* Repaired fan shroud
* Straightened front clip
* New passenger front fender (unpainted, not mounted - I have a temporary fendor from a junkyard on it right now, but I have a brand NEW OEM fender in perfect condition WITH brand new chrome trim in the box!)
* While I was at it, I put on a new tailgate I picked up at the salvage yard. When I bought the truck it had a broken latch, pain in the ass. The one I put on works fine, but it's black, while the rest of the truck is white.

Note: I never got around to finishing my paint booth, to paint the fender and tailgate. Maybe you'll have time?

August 2008 -
* New rear brake lines (THAT was exciting!)

October 2007 -
* Clipped the driver side emergency brake line on the side of the road, froze up in the steel sheath after I set it in Kentucky on the way back to Illinois.

Work that needs done to make it pretty again:

* Driver's side brake light assembly doesn't work, brake lights work but not turn signal light. I have a brand new assembly sitting in a box.
* Passenger side fender needs painted and mounted. Chrome needs mounted. I have these in a box.
* Brand new 8' bed liner is rolled up in a box, waiting to be installed. This goes with the truck at the $3750 price. If you haggle me down on price, it goes in my NEW truck.
* Brakes probably need re-bled. They're quite functional - will lock up the tires and send everything in the cab flying forward if you stomp on them hard - but they are a touch squishy to my taste still.

The truck previously belonged to a local John Deere dealership who used it as a parts delivery truck. As such.. the bed is in pretty dinged up shape, with some surface rust, but very solid and functional with no rusted through holes. It is a two-owner truck, Deere dealer, then me, when it came off lease.

There are currently about 147,000 miles on the truck. I used this truck to haul my bike to the last 18 or so track days towing my 14' enclosed trailer behind. The engine is strong and runs VERY good, you can't even tell you're pulling a trailer.

It DOES needs TLC. But, if it were fixed up nice and proper like, it'd fetch upwards of $4800 on a trade or more on a private sale. I just don't have time.. new parts been sitting here in boxes for months and months.

I've got the whole "truck vs. deer" repair process documented thoroughly.

The night I hit the deer (my buddy Mike's butt, not mine):
000371ht

Two weeks later:
0003bfr4

Action photos (post deer):
0003g32h

0007yesf

PM me for current "all around the truck" pics.

Test drives are fine, as long as I'm along for the ride! Give me advance notice so I can get the plates caught up!!!

Trent1098S

PS I'm leaving for Road Atlanta Wednesday! I will be without "the Intar Web" for a few days while I'm out playing :)

Any PM's sent will be answered next Tuesday when I'm back in Illinois!

Trent1098S

Bump - Price dropped to $3000. Need to move this so I can fix my bike up for next year... anyone interested?