2001 GSXR 750 CR track bike - Chicago, IL

ctrank

***BIKE IS SOLD***

Bike is located near Chicago, IL. Asking $4250 for everything. I will not part with any spares separately at this point. Contact me via PM or email at ctrank at yahoo dot com for more information. You really need to see this bike to appreciate how clean it is. :wow:

Bike

2001 Suzuki GSXR 750
Salvage title + bill of sale
Service manual
Cooper Performance Superstock motor (130hp using 93 octane pump gas)
Thermosman suspension (.90 springs) Penske double (425# spring)
Graves full exhaust with Ti silencer
Shogun frame slider, bar ends, and swing arm spools
Power Commander II with custom map
BMC air filter
Scott’s steering damper
Kevlar brake lines
Graves fairing stay
Vesrah brake pads
Vortex engine covers, rear sets, clipons, and sprockets
AK Composite body work
RK XW-ring gold race chain (520)
Stomp grip
Speedbleeder's (front brake calipers)
Safety wired for WERA/NESBA “A” group

Spares

2-3 brand new OEM Suzuki oil filters
Godfather bodywork
professionally painted two color (blue/white) with clearcoat (white number plates) with matching painted gas tank (NEW, never been on the track, gas tank includes fuel pump)
Front and rear wheels (white) with OEM rotors

Front and rear axles
Vortex rear sets
Bar ends, swingarms spools, and frame slider mushrooms
Rear wheel cush drive (2)
Clutch and brake levers
Fuel pump
15/16 tooth front sprockets (mostly Vortex)
41/42/43/46 rear sprockets (mostly Vortex)
Graves fairing stay (repaired)
Clutch plates
OEM front brake calipers (2 sets)
Front master brake reservoir
Graves exhaust hanger
OEM seat
Radiator (silver) and overflow reservoir
OEM clutch cable
Voltage regulator

I purchased this bike from a WERA racer at the end of the 2004 season. Since then, I have only done track days with the bike and I have done a year of control riding on the bike with NESBA. The motor was recently freshened up before I bought the bike and the valves were adjusted over the 2006 winter. The spark plugs were changed at the same time. The suspension was sent off to Thermosman for a complete refresh over the 2007 winter. The bodywork on the bike is in great shape and the lower fairing was repainted over the 2007 winter. The spare bodywork/tank has never been on the racetrack and has no stickers on it. I have always changed oil on the bike after every 3-4 days of riding and it usually gets washed after every weekend too. :D

Since I have owned the bike, it has been on the ground ONCE in turn 1 at Grattan. I lost the front and had a nice easy low side. Only minor damage was done to the lower fairing (which was repaired) and the brake lever broke. I was out riding again the next session.

The bike has been mechanically solid since I have owned it and it still runs great and the suspension is rock solid. The bike is setup for a 150-175 pound rider. I was turning 1:16s on it this past weekend at BHFs. Cosmetically speaking, the only flaw the bike has is a decent size dent in the frame on the left hand side. It has never been an issue and is the reason the bike has a salvage title.

The only thing this bike needs is a new speedometer. The LCD display is going out, and the coolant temperature is often unreadable. I’ve never had a problem with the bike overheating, but it’s good to have a working display. Speedometers for this bike are a dime a dozen on ebay for under $100.

* See spare bodywork photos below

Demps

Chad.....WHY?? I am guessing you have a "newer" bike lined up already.

Are you going to be at Putnam this weekend. I hope to see you there.

Later buddy.

:adore:

ctrank

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the bump. :popcorn:

No worries, it's just upgrade, or actually, downgrade time. I'm looking for a newer 600, so
the 750 needs a new (good) home.

Not sure about Putnam at this point... kind of depends what happens here. Have a great
time though at Putnam either way!!

You looking to upgrade? :rtfm:

:haha:

Demps

I would love to have your 750 Chad...but I am not really shopping at this time.

I really hope to see you at Putnam...Good Luck with the Sale.:D

GK#103

This bike IS NICE, Bump for a clean, well maintained bike . Chad you really should go to PUTNAM!!!:D

Bucky Badger

GK#103;12950 wrote: This bike IS NICE, Bump for a clean, well maintained bike . Chad you really should go to PUTNAM!!!:D
+1 on the bump for a REALLY nice bike and +1 on Chad going to Putnam!

Guy's this is a great bike and a super STRONG runner, trust me I had a hard time keeping up with it. It would be a great trackbike for anyone!! I just wish I had the cash and permission to buy it myself. :argh:

Bump to the top for a great bike and a great guy!!

ctrank

Here are some pictures of the spare body work included in the pkg price. (ie. the first crash is free) I forgot how GOOD this stuff looks. Remember, it's never seen the racetrack. Professionally painted then put in the basement 2 years ago.

IMG_3845.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

This bodywork plus the extra set of wheels is worth at least $750, plus all the other spares listed above.

Come on ... you know you want it. :rtfm:

Trent1098S

Nice! I'm interested for next season, but I have to wait to see what the medical bills are going to be like from Putnam this weekend.

Come on guy's this is a great bike, plus all the spares you could ask for. It's a fast and stable ride that needs a good home!!!

Come on you know you want it!!! :rolleyes:

Bump for a great bike and a great guy & CR!!! :D

ctrank

Bike needs a new home now that my new ride has arrived.

Package price lowered to $4250.

I'm also willing to sell the spares and bike separately at this point. I will put together a price list soon. Otherwise, shoot me an email or PM if there is something specific you want.

The bike is staying together as a whole. (suspension, etc)

The oil filters are no longer included in the deal since they fit my new bike.

ctrank

Oh, I forgot to mention, I picked up a replacement speedo from ebay so the coolant display is visible now. And you also get a spare speedo to sweeten the deal. :haha:

kf227

im interested but just waiting:dunno: ill give it to this weekend then i come down to look at bike. :rtfm: