2004 Suzuki GSXR600 Trackbike, $3800 in VA

musicman

I bought the bike in 2005 from a shop that sells salvaged bikes. I picked the best one. The title is a salvage title, I have it in hand. The previous owner had endo'ed over the front and knocked the front headlight/fairing stay off, and put a quarter (coin) sized superficial rash in the frame, so the insurance totalled it. The rash is very light and there is no dent, and the alignment was checked out by a shop at the time of purchase and is perfect. I had rebuilt the bike to show-room shape, but the retitling of the bike from salvage title to street legal became such a long, drawn out process I eventually gave up after a few months and used it as track only. Don't try to buy this to convert back to a street bike... not worth it.

Approx 3,500 miles on it, 2000 of those track miles. I have been down twice at the track (approx 30mph and 40mph), no flipping or highsides, only two lowsides - once I just replaced the frameslider, and the 2nd time I replaced a clip-on and rearset.

Excellent working condition, it pulls very hard.

Modifications:
Vesrah Racing Front brake pads
EBC Steel Braided Brake Lines
Woodcraft Clipons
Vortex Left Engine Cover (Magneto Cover I think it's called)
Vortex Front Fairing stay
Godfather Race Fairings
Yoshimura Pipe (which does have a dent in the outside... I bought it used like that, and it does have a bit of rash)
CRG Shorty adjustable clutch/brake levers
Lap timer
Front and back stands
Oil filter, Oil cap, oil plug are safety wired.

I also have an extra set of race tires (take-off's after a few AMA practice laps) that have alot of life left on them.

Has the appropriate engine coolant (engine ice i think it is), and synthetic oil which has been changed regularly and right before last trackday. She's fast and solid. Brakes can easily throw you over the front. If you're looking for a beautiful, professionally painted trackbike to show off to your friends - probably not the best bike. She looks good, but keep in mind this is a trackbike.

I'm a full time student finishing medical school, and I just can't get away for a day or weekend to get to the track. So I can't let this bike sit around (and I want to ride the street). I'm looking to get $3,800 out of the bike including everything I've listed (lap timer, stands, extra set of tires). I'll be happy to email pics. If you have any questions, let me know...

Location is Newport News/Hampton, VA or Fairfax, VA.

Thanks

gingrasj@gmail.com