2007 GSXR 750 Bike Prep

kneebone750

OK so I am new to nesba and trackdays more specifically. I have to disable the signal lights, tail lights, and head lights in order to tape them and pass tech. When i remove the signal light fuse the instruments also go out. So the question for all the Gixxer guys/gals is what is the best and most easily reversed method to disable all the various lights?:notsure::dunno:

JRA

You don't have to disable the signal lights. Just tape over or remove them and you'll be fine.

bigkaley

Control Rider
Tape over the lights with blue painter's tape first, then tape over the painter's tape with duct tape. Should block off most all light. Easy to remove/ return to street use.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
On my '07 gsxr, I unplugged them because, as you found out, pulling fuses disabled other needed stuff. As Kaley said, if you tape them well enough so no light shows through you're good. Just ensure with the brake light, you absolutely cannot tell when the brake light comes on. I preferred to unplug so the tape didn't get all heated up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Ruhe52

Ok so unplug and remove your mirrors it is made easier if you loosen windscreen screws. There are easy connects on the harness. I say remove because if you do put it down they are certain to take abuse.

as for tail lights there are easy connects under the rear seat / cowl that you can easily unplug. Do the same for head light and little accent lights Suzuki is so fond of.

This is pretty simple and will save you the hassle of getting the nasty melted flu off your lights. leave the fuses alone.
Bigkaley is right use blue painters tape first or get a roll of whatever color you think best serves your need of gaffers tape. This is the stuff the use to tape down cables on a stage. I leaves no nasty sticky residue when you remove it. It is also awesome for taping over wheel weights.

If you have any additional questions on where to find the connections drop me a line and I will walk you through each step by step.

kneebone750

Ok so I think I have the headlight accent lights and mirrors/signal lights (i have block off plates) covered so the only one i am having trouble with is the brake/running light. Is there a connection that can be reached through the rear underseat compartment and if so which one and where do i look. Thanks for all the advice from everyone.

Ruhe52

There should be one connector that takes out both rear signals tail light running and break lights. Should be under rear tail and run up one side of the frame to the tail

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Ruhe52;241946 wrote: There should be one connector that takes out both rear signals tail light running and break lights. Should be under rear tail and run up one side of the frame to the tail
:agree: One plug, I think it's on rider's right in the tail section. Pretty easy to get to, as I recall. Once you've got those mirrors off, which can be a real PITA, you can reroute the wires, so subsequent removal is easy and won't require loosening the windscreen.

When's your first event? And welcome!