2007 Yamaha R6S, street bike, western WA

Jason

PRICE REDUCED: I found a bike that I want to buy so this one has to go. The first person to put $6200 in my hand for this bike gets it! Email me at jason@themccurrys.com or call my cell at 425-737-2229 if you’re interested. First come, first served. Calls will get priority over emails if I get the call before I check my email, of course.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a blue(the faster color) 2007 R6S in excellent condition for sale. It has 6101 miles on it as of today (9/02). The bike has had all scheduled maintenance performed. The last oil and filter change was at 4275 miles and was done with Rotella T full synthetic oil and Fram 6017A filter. I also did a complete brake fluid change and bleed with Valvoline full synthetic brake fluid and air filter cleaning and oiling at 5841 miles. It has been kept in a garage every night since new and has only been ridden in the rain a few times when I got caught out in it while riding, and was always wiped down after any ride when rain touched it. It has never been raced or even taken to a track day. Most of the miles are highway commuting miles on my 64-mile round trip to work from me trying to save money on gas. It gets 47-50 mpg when just cruising on the way, but I’m sure you can get that down a lot lower if you’re a good enough rider to ride it hard. Since I’m not that good a rider yet, it has been paying for itself in gas saved versus me driving my SUV. It comes with the owner’s manual and Yamaha factory service manual.

The bike is mostly factory stock, but has the following upgrades to make it even better than the proven factory design.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stompgrip Pads – better grip with your legs on the gas tank and better control of the bike (can be removed with no residue quickly and easily if you prefer)
Harris Gel Racing Grips – much better comfort and feel for the road
Symtec Grip Heaters – wonderful even in summer on runs through the twisty high mountain roads in the morning
No-cut Frame Sliders – much less damage to the bike if you ever do go down
Swingarm spools/sliders – allows use of spool rear stand and protects the swingarm from damage if you go down
Silverstar Utra Headlights –
much brighter and cleaner light so that you can both see and be seen better
Flushmount LED front signals –
get rid of the ugly factory front signals
Rear fender eliminator –
get rid of the ugly factory rear fender and make the rear signals more visible, complete with upgraded bulbs
Progrip Tank Protector –
keeps scratches from zippers off the shiny blue gas tank

I want to start doing track days and, as you can see from the pictures below, the bike is way too pretty to take the track and risk laying it down. That means that I have to sell this one and buy something ugly that I won’t mind scratching up. I have the clean title in hand ready to go. The NADA Average retail for this bike is $6,680 as of today (9/02). I’m only asking $6200
because I want it to sell quickly so I can buy an ugly bike for the track.

Here is a link to the information on this bike on the NADA website:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-23-38-5697-0-0-0&l=1&w=23&p=38&f=5698&m=0310&d=1200021924&y=2007&ml=Y&gc=MC&gtc=MC

Here is a link to video on Youtube. A lot of quality was lost in the conversion to the Youtube format. Go to here for the original 28MB video file in Quicktime format.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po9tyRH06Qc

Here are pictures optimized for download speed. As you can see in the last picture, the only scratch on the bike is on the left rear. I tried to show it in the picture, but reducing the picture's quality enough to be downloaded quickly makes the scratch harder to see in the picture. Email me for higher resolution pictures.

R6S_Left.jpg

R6S_Right.jpg

R6S_Mileage.jpg

R6S_Scratch.jpg