Amac955

z064life;254328 wrote: We can hope, but I highly doubt it
Especially considering how few people showed up at Iowa Speedway. I know it isn't a traditional Mid-West track, but I was hoping people would show support for the one Mid West/Mid Central event they held this year.

stkr

Amac955;254386 wrote: Especially considering how few people showed up at Iowa Speedway. I know it isn't a traditional Mid-West track, but I was hoping people would show support for the one Mid West/Mid Central event they held this year.
I would have been there, but I was still healing. At I have an excuse. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z064life

Iowa was almost 9 hours from here. Pretty hard to say that is the turnout they would expect. I would like them to hookup with other local places to host trackdays. Indy Ducati for Putnam, ZARS for Road America, Brainard, etc. Not sure about Mid Ohio. Hopefully they can work something out with the tracks

cbrracing129

Iowa is about 5+ hours for most people in Wisconsin. Thats a long haul plus going all the way to iowa to support nesba after they pulled all other local tracks..doesn't make a whole lotta sense

z064life

I supported nesba in other regions this year, but I will agree on this. Traveling to get 1 weekend in doesn't make a lot of sense for most people. I hope they start running Mid Ohio, Road America, BHF, Putnam, etc again in the future. It would be much easier to hit my 12 days/year with them :lol

stkr

To NESBA -

The Midwest Region:
If you build it, they will come - back! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rk97

z064life;254550 wrote: I supported nesba in other regions this year, but I will agree on this. Traveling to get 1 weekend in doesn't make a lot of sense for most people. I hope they start running Mid Ohio, Road America, BHF, Putnam, etc again in the future. It would be much easier to hit my 12 days/year with them :lol
The "midwest" is a weird space for NESBA... Lots of competition, and a lot of tracks to cannibalize event attendance (i.e. I can't ride with NESBA at Putnam AND BeaveRun the same weekend even though I try to frequent both tracks)

Since 2008, the region has lost Grattan, Gingerman and Nelson (the first two to STT, basically, and the latter to MotoSeries)

STT started off with a stronghold on Mid-Ohio, which now runs its own events. I believe BHF does as well. That's more competition...

Losing those 5 tracks makes a huge hole in the center of the country. That's going to be hard to combat.

Plus some of us actually have TOO MANY tracks around to consistently support events in one region. I am hardly complaining, but I'm within 6 hours of:

- Nelson
- BeaveRun
- Mid-Ohio
- Grattan
- Gingerman
- Putnam
- Summit Main
- Summit JC

and maybe 7.5 from BHF...

Without a monopoly on the trackday industry, it would be almost impossible to run events at all those locations. Concentrating on certain regions and specific tracks may be the only way to survive :(

z064life

I hear you...the only issue I have with that is Indy Ducati would love to hold 2 day events but commonwealth out of KY didn't want to so they only did Single days this year (except for 2 with MCRA). Maybe NESBA could setup partnerships with others such as Indy ducati to have some trackdays in the midwest.

Wouldn't need to do a lot of them but maybe Road America, Putnam, BHF, and Mid Ohio. That's only 4 events in the year but would still at least give us a chance at getting some NESBA days in more local