'89 Honda CB-1 aka CB-400F in NC $1000

rixcafe

The CB-1 is a very rare motorcycle in the US. It has a liquid cooled inline 4 cylinder engine with a 16v head and gear driven cams. The readline is a howling 13,500 rpm. This bike would be an excellent low dollar or entry level bike for the race track. Check out CB-1.org for more info.

I have owned this bike since May of '08. The bike has been tagged since May and passed inspection in December with out turn signals or a speedo. I had intended to use it for track days but I've moved to the country and want a dual sport. There are dents, dings and scratches everywhere on this bike. It was probably raced at one time as there are safety wire holes in all of the right places.

It has progressive suspension springs, front stainless brake line, newer Pirelli Sport Demon tires, brake pads, o-ring chain, sprockets, and battery. Last summer I replaced the fuel pump with aftermarket marine type. The coolant has been replaced and valves were adjusted last summer. This bike is mechanically sound. It runs, turns, stops very well and sounds fantastic. It is straight, true and oil tight.

In addition I have a set of brand new AutoMeter guages, model #19231 and #19354, that I had intended to put on the bike. These retail for approx. $500 for the pair. The price is $1000 for the bike and $300 for the guages. I will sell the guages seperately only after the bike is sold.

Rick Scott
Durham, NC
rixscot@yahoo.com

These pics were taken during maintenance last summer
pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg