450F track bikes

Drewbie

WERA has a class for those, but only 1 showed up for the GNF in Atlanta last year. Great idea, but no one makes affordable kits to build one. Most people dont want to have to source parts and fabricate one.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
I think I heard something about Arlen Ness teaming up with someone to make turnkey machines.
I actually started sourcing parts and making up a list of everything, most from gptech. It's way more expensive than I thought. Then when you've got a bike, it takes forever to get the thing dialed in and handle like a proper bike.

trackaddict

Nice article in this months Motorcyclist about 450 conversions. They write about sumo, dirt track, enduro, and road racer. There are company's out there that make the complete kits:

Catalyst Racing Composites makes kits for every 450.
Race Tech has full suspension kits.

www.450moto.com

awhicker:

In talking to the wife about a possible dedicated track bike someday I considered a 450, but with more research thought against it based upon what others here have said and I don't really have mechanical support for such a machine.

Seems an SV or a two-stroke would be much easier to score without all the headache.

BZ

awhicker

I was going to say, you could even replace the 450F with a 500 2 stroke from a 90's dirtbike...

Thanks for the like Ron, those look very tempting

Oh, and didn't mean to repost topic, looked real quick and didn't see anything.