636 wiring diagram

Matt21

Hey all,

About 3 months ago I had a bad high side at the jefferson track on the last turn. So after hours of P.T. at the doctors I finally got the time to start working on my bike again, only to find that the ignition wire got pinched between the frame and fork during the crash. So after fixing the ignition wire, filling the tank up with gas checking for leaks and making sure the bike was ok to fire up, I turn the key...........and get NOTHING! There is power at the battery but nothing at the ignition. So I was wondering if anybody has one, or knows where to look online for a wiring diagram?

dpullen

If you're interested in buying a service manual, I have one. It has the wiring diagrams.

- Dave

Matt21

no, thats the thing with no power to the ignition I can't turn the motor over to even see if it still runs. I guess I could try to pop the clutch, but I have never done that before. Will that hurt anything by doing that?

eE jeremy

No you can run and try to pop the clutch but if the battery is dead it'll be hard to fire up that way, if the battery is more or less charged it shouldn't be bad, mine fires up pretty quick with a push.

barry38

If you have no power to the ignition, it won't bump start either. Does anything happen when you turn the key on? Any lights in the gauges, warning lights etc??????

Matt21

No nothing, I get nothing when I turn the key on. I'm not sure what or where the issue lies. I have power at the battery, but nothing at the igntion. :notsure: