? about track plastics for 2007 R6 with Stock Exhaust

chaun

I'd like to get some track plastics for my 2007 R6. The bike has the stock exhaust and I plan on keeping it that way so I was looking for some input from anyone that has fitted their '07 R6.

HotBoddiesRacing says theirs will fit with my stock exhaust but its a tight fit.

Thanks

LMsports

I don't think anyones aftermarket bellypan will fit correctly with stock exhaust. You will have to trim the bellypan. Even if you can get it to bolt up it will burn holes through it.

racer23

I had Armour Bodies mounted up to my R6 with the stock exhaust with no cutting involved. I used three layers of heat insulating blanket in the belly pan, and the stickers still peeled, although the paint is still intact.

Now I have a T-Tuner midpipe installed which eliminates the catalytic convertor. Sounds like it has aftermarket exhaust, but looks totally stock. Got the mid-pipe off e-bay, although could not find them last time I was on e-bay. There are other options, which require sending you're head pipe to the outfit for welding. The t-tuner was a straight bolt on. After cutting the cat off of course.

Here's a link to one
http://www.performancefabricationworks.com/midpipe/

Do a google search on R6 mid pipe and follow the links if interested.

jimmeigs

I used Hotbodies on my 2006 R6 (identical to the '07) and had to cut the upper third out of the rear section of the lower to accomodate the converter. I had a real problem with heat from the direct contact that insulating blankets never really solved. Like Fred, I ended up with a non stock exhaust that solved the heat problem as a secondary goal.

A Dremel tool will be necessary to make the Hotbodies fit in my experience, not only for the converter problem, but also for general fitment issues around the shifter linkage.

I'm pretty happy with the product overall.

chaun

racer23;33870 wrote: I had Armour Bodies mounted up to my R6 with the stock exhaust with no cutting involved. I used three layers of heat insulating blanket in the belly pan, and the stickers still peeled, although the paint is still intact.

Now I have a T-Tuner midpipe installed which eliminates the catalytic convertor. Sounds like it has aftermarket exhaust, but looks totally stock. Got the mid-pipe off e-bay, although could not find them last time I was on e-bay. There are other options, which require sending you're head pipe to the outfit for welding. The t-tuner was a straight bolt on. After cutting the cat off of course.

Here's a link to one
http://www.performancefabricationworks.com/midpipe/

Do a google search on R6 mid pipe and follow the links if interested.

I'm guessing you have a PowerCommander and had to have it mapped?

Any recommendations on a full exhaust system. KR Tuned, Graves, Akra?

Drewbie

You can also run an R6s header with a bit of modification to the mounting flanges (open the holes up some to mount to the head) and an adapter for the stock can. Thats what we did on Katies 07. She has a PC. We run the graves full system map. Runs strong but a bit lean i think.

jimmeigs

chaun;33881 said:
I'm guessing you have a PowerCommander and had to have it mapped?

Any recommendations on a full exhaust system. KR Tuned, Graves, Akra?[/quot

I got a Two Brothers full system on Ebay, no PC and it runs fine, just a little rough at idle. I'll add a PC this winter and get it dynoed before the next track day this spring. It seems to help the low and mid range though, even without the PC.