Allow myself to introduce...myself

tapcon

Hello all! Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I am resident of Northern MD. I've been riding for 12 years, but have never been to the track. This will be my first track season, and I really can't wait! My virgin track day will be at NJMP on April 10, 11, and 12. I currently ride a blue '07 R1. I truly look forward to meeting you guys and learning from you veterans.

Best Regards to all,

Tom

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
looks like you are already anticipating a sweet addiction with your first TD consuming an entire weekend....have fun!

tapcon

lemondrop;32222 wrote: looks like you are already anticipating a sweet addiction with your first TD consuming an entire weekend....have fun!
I've always been addicted...I'm just coming to terms with it now :D

NoBull

Welcome aboard and see you there.

3 days in a row for your first outing. That's gotta be some kind of record.

rk97

tapcon;32208 wrote: My virgin track day will be at NJMP on April 10, 11, and 12.

Best Regards to all,

Tom
3 days in a row is a heck of a way to start! I might recommend some pretty serious leg workouts in the months leading up to your debut. The first day, you won't care that you're tired. the second day, you'll forget that you're sore (at least while you're riding), but that third day... let's just say you'll feel like you got a lot more for your money if your legs are still under you. I would be surprised if even the CR's aren't walking a little funny at that point lol.

welcome :)

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
The title of this thread is friggin' hilarious. Austin Powers is sooooo funny. My son's middle name is Danger. Not kidding. Don't know how the wife didn't shoot it down, but it is. So he'll say "Danger is my middle name" and it will be true. How cool is that?

tapcon

rk97;32342 wrote: 3 days in a row is a heck of a way to start! I might recommend some pretty serious leg workouts in the months leading up to your debut. The first day, you won't care that you're tired. the second day, you'll forget that you're sore (at least while you're riding), but that third day... let's just say you'll feel like you got a lot more for your money if your legs are still under you. I would be surprised if even the CR's aren't walking a little funny at that point lol.

welcome :)
Thanks. Actually, the first is going to be more an observation day being that I am going to do the "intro" day. The second and third will be game on! I getting my legs in shape though LOL

mlmoore

tapcon;32583 wrote: Thanks. Actually, the first is going to be more an observation day being that I am going to do the "intro" day. The second and third will be game on! I getting my legs in shape though LOL

Good plan. I actually did that on a 2 day event my first time out in 2007. Spent the rest of the day watching other riders and talking to people. Worked out great.

Welcome.

smack28752

And what exactly do you do, Mr. Number Two...

I, too, love the Austin Powers reference.

Welcome aboard. Make sure you come down to VIR this year. It is a great track (actually FOUR configurations), plus it is fun to say you've run on what the big boys (AMA) do.:wow:

Best regards,
Steve