Another Reason why Road Racing World Rules

Prix

I just got a bonus issue of Road Racing World call Trackday Directory. It has everything in it to helping you on and off the track and learning the line, improve your skills to what gear to buy to how to prepare your leathers and have them prepared for you buy a seamstress to what to have in your bag, getting in shape, and everything else you really need to know, and its nice to have some pictures along with the writing cause this will help people that are alitte better suited to visual learning like me.

I know when you sign up for NESBA you get a 15.00 off a subscription to Road Racing World I would get that cause its also by FAR the best coverage of racing and they have great editors in there including Chris Ulrich and Ben Spies (not sure if ben is still doing it though after his move).

rcr14

I been surprised with RRW the last 3yrs. they've sent them too subcribers for free. also they have reviews&comparos. before anyone else.:adore:

snikwad

what, i didnt knwo this?
anyway, yes RRW rocks, buy it ever month. had the trackday directory handy, passed it on to a squidy co worker, i think it may get the point across to him

Prix

snikwad;42088 wrote: what, i didnt knwo this?
anyway, yes RRW rocks, buy it ever month. had the trackday directory handy, passed it on to a squidy co worker, i think it may get the point across to him
A+ on your part I never thought of doing that. Maybe I should just keep in on me and next time I see a whole parking lot full of squids I could just drop it off for them, ahaha

snikwad

I've never subscribed, because I enjoy going to the book store to pic up my magazines. Its something to do on my days off. I used to ride to the furthest bookstore I know to buy magazines and ride back home.
I really should subscribe tho.
I think they have the most evenly matches comparo and testing methods of any mag I've read.
No other mag I know of, goes through the trouble they go through to compare some bikes.
Very consistent testing methods and objective writing. Except Ulrich is a typical Ducati hating writer. Hahah. Tho he did fall for the 1098R.

barrysuperhawk

Ok, slowly, for the Noobs among us, how does one get this discount? I don't see anything on the perks page, and I cannot find anything on RRW's website either... is there a coupon code or something?

JRA

Except Ulrich is a typical Ducati hating writer. Hahah. Tho he did fall for the 1098R.
He may be Ducati hating (I don't know if he is or not) but he's also the fastest magazine test editor in the country, and since they frequently use Jeremy Toye as a tester too, I think the readers are getting real, and very reliable information on how a bike performs.

I've been a RRW subscriber for years for the racing coverage. I enjoy the bike comparo's, but I buy it for the racing. There was another thread a couple of weeks ago and the OP was complaining that he didn't know who any of the guys running the new AMA supersport class were. If you read Roadracing World you will know who all these guys are, plus you'll know who all of the up and coming young guns are too.

snikwad

JRA;42480 wrote: He may be Ducati hating (I don't know if he is or not) but he's also the fastest magazine test editor in the country, and since they frequently use Jeremy Toye as a tester too, I think the readers are getting real, and very reliable information on how a bike performs.

I've been a RRW subscriber for years for the racing coverage. I enjoy the bike comparo's, but I buy it for the racing. There was another thread a couple of weeks ago and the OP was complaining that he didn't know who any of the guys running the new AMA supersport class were. If you read Roadracing World you will know who all these guys are, plus you'll know who all of the up and coming young guns are too.
not taking anything from the guy. I like his writing, but hes a self confessed Ducati hater.

Jason

barrysuperhawk;42479 wrote: Ok, slowly, for the Noobs among us, how does one get this discount? I don't see anything on the perks page, and I cannot find anything on RRW's website either... is there a coupon code or something?
Same here.. just got my NESBA membership and was about to subscribe to RRW, but might hold off until I see how to get the discount. :)

BonesDT

+1. I'm 11 months deep into my NESBA membership, can I still get this discount or do I have to wait until I renew with NESBA?

$15 off?? How much is this subscription?? $15 off most magazines means they owe you some change.

I hate the comparos, it just makes me want what I can't have. But it's always fun to get mags in the mail, it's almost as fun as eating.

rcr14

I think there is confusion here. you get 1yr. sub for $15.00. I believe the card comes with your member packet when you sign up or renew w/nesba. Also most racing org's give out with their rules/racer packets. maybe if you call RRW they'll hook tou up:dunno:

tiggen

I am a subscriber to RRW (did it before I knew about the discount), and I thinkit's great> I especially love the articles about marriages and births, and the "young guns." It gives a real tight-knit sense about the road racing community, just like the feeling in the paddock of a track day. I wish DMG/AMA would read that magazine.

I also love Bike magazine from Britain. It's expensive, but I read it cover to cover the day I get it - intellgent, funny articles every time. Worth checking out if you have not. Certainly better than most motorcycle mags that cater to the squid and/or cruiser cultures.