Arai visor covers

rcr14

Anyone have problems with new Arai side "pods" breaking? I've owned 3 and never had one break. The new Corsair looks different,in that its hollowed out. On the inside the lowest tab that snaps into the red moving clip. Also,anybody know where to get them cheap?there like $40.00@theservicepavillion.com and can't find them on ebay.:(

Go to the Arai website. They are usually free under your warrenty. They replaced broken pods and covers for me this year. Just register your helmet and then claim warrenty. They will email you back asking how it broke and I told them it broke when changing shields (which mine did). A few days later I had my parts on my door step!

MikeK

If they will not cover the broken pod pieces under warranty they do have all replacements available through their online store. I just replaced the visor on my Astral X that is about 4 years old and sure enough I broke one of the covers putting it back together, they had the parts in stock and it took about 1 1/2 weeks to get the set. Think the pod set was about 25.00 bucks plus shipping for both sides, not cheap but I was just happy to still be able to get the matching pieces.

Burnall4

MikeK;20825 wrote: If they will not cover the broken pod pieces under warranty they do have all replacements available through their online store. I just replaced the visor on my Astral X that is about 4 years old and sure enough I broke one of the covers putting it back together, they had the parts in stock and it took about 1 1/2 weeks to get the set. Think the pod set was about 25.00 bucks plus shipping for both sides, not cheap but I was just happy to still be able to get the matching pieces.
I broke mine over the summer as well and all the pieces were all free. Pat (might have the name wrong) the guy I talked to in their tech support facility in PA. Told me there was a design flaw in the mechanisms for the visor release, not being long enough. So he just did it as a warranty upgrade and I had my parts in 3 biz days. I have the Quantum II. (oh how I wan the rx7 though :cool: )

rcr14

thks for the info.i'll try all options. i use a shoei rf-1000 at the track,my arai is too nice to cr-sh. this is said from wrecking a "haga"&"edwards" reps.:banghead:

rcr14

Thanks again,I registered my "tommy gun"and tech support emailed me back. Not only are they sending a replacment pair of pods,which are back-ordered,for free. they're sending solid pods asap so I can keep using it! what a great company. I would tell everyone to register their helmet,even if its not brand new. what you pay for them you should get everything they offer.:D:D