Back Protectors...

JeremyGSU

Hey guys,

I'm new to Nesba and I see a lot of people recommending back protectors under their suits. I have a Dainese Wave G back protector insert that I wear in my street jacket that I could put in my suit. Would this suffice or would you guys recommend something like an Alpinestars Bionic Back Protector?

Thanks.

Canali

Well the insert style is better than nothing, but I just looked up that Dainese on one site and didn't see anything about it being CE certified which I guess it important in terms of how good it is at protecting your back. The Alpinestars Bionic, which I just bought myself recently, is CE certified level 2. It's comfortable, but not as comfortable as an insert style, and it's one more thing to have to suit up with, but I'm happy with it and feel more protected compared to my old insert style protector. Hope this helps.

Chris

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
The separate ones are better, as they're a bit longer, giving better coverage. As Chris mentioned, look for CE level 2. Some others to check out are Knox and T-Force.

Katie785

I have the Astars Bionic too... it has a velcrowed in chest protector, which is something I didn;t think about until I fell down and broke some ribs, puncturing a lung.
You can get it from Moon on here at a good price (parts@nesba.com)

Remember: You're dressing for the crash, not so much the ride.

meowculpa

Katie785;55673 wrote: ... a velcrowed in chest protector, which is something I didn't think about until I fell down and broke some ribs, puncturing a lung.
Remember: You're dressing for the crash, not so much the ride.
+1 likewise!!

i have the dainese wave, A* bionic and the forcefield T pro extreme harness..
the extreme harness is great - after wearing it a few times, it flexes to conform to your shape and u seldom feel it's presence..
to the OP - any good one with a CE 2 protection would be good.. forcefield/ knox / A* etc "with Chest protectors" are perhaps indicated.

Pipeline714

I have the Knox CE back protector and will never ride without it! Period! I highsided at Barber Motorsports Park last September, and I know that the protector kept me from serious injury. I spent 5 hrs in UAB Birmingham Hospital, had 19 X-Rays, a CT Scan and an MRI, and limped out of there with just the tip of my tailbone broken. Still recovering today, but I can definetly see where the lower portion of the protector absorbed the blunt of the impact, even through the leathers. Get a CE approved one and never ride without it!!