BeaveRun - new look website

rk97

Maybe i'm just late in noticing, but I was trying to download a track map of BeaveRun and noticed their website has a new look. There's also mention of a "south track" in development. Is that what they're calling the drift pad, or is it possible they're going to connect the existing "north" track with a new "south" circuit via the paved sections off turn 2 and turn 4???

dare to dream!

oh, and does anyone have a good .jpg or .gif image of a beaveRun map?

Thanks!

- chris

rk97

And now that i look through their photos, NESBA CR Pascal Young is one of the only RIDER's featured on the site thus far.

I believe that picture was taken 4/19/08, showing my slow ass where the apex was :p

Marcmcm

They've been working on building the South Course since before I ever started doing track days...keep hoping.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
They've had the South Track in the works for the past 5years. I wouldn't expect it just yet. I would expect a complete repave of the North Track before they make a new one.

rk97

well I figured the addition had been started for a while, but they mention it as 'in development' on the new site. I'm still hopeful. maybe new investors or something?

Where on the north track do you feel needs repaving? the only things I have seen wrong with that surface are the bump (dip?) just left of the race line at the end of the front straight, and the patchwork through 5 (which has tons of grip IMO). Or was the comment just speculation about the timeframe for the south track?

swine

the rumor around town is we better just hope the track is still around this summer. i doubt you'll see a repave or the south track anytime soon.

NoBull

swine;29898 wrote: the rumor around town is we better just hope the track is still around this summer. i doubt you'll see a repave or the south track anytime soon.
What rumor is this? :dunno:

And as for the repave, you mean you don't notice the bumps at the top of the hill, down to and through both kinks and in braking for 1? :wow:

swine

i think the track is fine the way it is. great grip in dry and wet. stay tight through 7, eight doesn't matter, you should have the bike upright by the time you exit 8. never noticed anything in 1.

the tracks that need to work on there pavement is summit and nelson.

rk97

I forgot about the bumps in 7, but they never really bothered me.

the ass-end of my EX500 bounced all over the place through 7 & 8, so the F2 with a penske feels like butter by comparison :p

Plus I spent my last weekend this season at Nelson Ledges - after NL, I remember Beave smooth as glass lol

Marcmcm

NoBull;29906 wrote: What rumor is this? :dunno:

And as for the repave, you mean you don't notice the bumps at the top of the hill, down to and through both kinks and in braking for 1? :wow:
There's a pretty good rumor that Beaverun is in pretty poor financial straits...you never know.

Pascal

neat site. A few more motorcycle pictures would be nice! That picture of me just keeps popping up to bite me! Point the apex out once and it just keeps showing up :)