Became Knee Dragger

Relic

I spent the weekend at Putnam Motorsports Park, IN, doing NESBA track days. This is my second track season, but the first season on my 2008 Honda CBR 1000RR. What an awesome track bike, but that's a different story. On Saturday afternoon, I dragged my right knee puck on turn 8 (I think). At first it was a startling sensation, but when I realized what I'd done, I went back for seconds and thirds... Soon, on the next turn, I was dragging my left knee puck. I got pulled over twice by control riders and both times, I was complimented that I was looking smooth and that my body position was looking good. "Let the speed come to you" I was told, and I totally get that. I've definitely become faster and I would place myself in the top 3 to 5 among the beginners. Although I did not fall,:adore: the weekend wasn't without its share of accidents, especially in the intermediate group, some pretty serious. One of the guys who crashed had to be taken away in a helicopter...but I'll be darned if he didn't return the next day with his arm in a sling, broken clavicle, and a cracked rib. He didn't remember what happened at the time of the crash...typical sign of brain trauma and concussion, I am told. Still, I can't wait to get back on the track. If that makes me a confirmed track junkie, I don't want to be clean! Unfortunately, there was no photographer (where are they when you need them). So, the attached picture is from a NESBA track day in Road Atlanta. I'm crazy about NESBA and the folks who help make it happen. That includes the organizers, CRs, and the regular riders on the paddock, eager to share a tip or two. A special thanks to Marshal of Turn One for lending me his back protector on Sunday!

headstart

Taxswami- glad you had a good time. You had some nice improvement over the two days of riding and were looking real smooth. Your body position was noticeably improved by the end of Sunday and you had nice lines.

Good job and hope to see you out there again this year

LesPow

Control Rider
Welcome to our family... Reading your post brought a smile to my face. I remember my first knee down, it was the best.
Steve-O Yeah my first was turn 1 Jeff. too, Oh $hit WTF was that...

Burnall4

:drool: new 1kr blade :drool:

Congrats man, I remember my first time, she was.......oh wait wrong story. Seriously though congrats!

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
For me it was Summit Jefferson, turn 1. I actually laughed out loud. Don't be too eager to get the bump. Speed will come with confidence. It's way more fun to be one of the fast guys in B than one of the slow guys in I.

Meat

Awesome! Now you can start sharing your track pics with friends :) I think when most people drag their knee for the first time, with some sort of consistency, you feel like you are on top of the world. I was totally elated when I first drug....ok, gently scraped, my knee in the bus stop at Hallet. I still remember it.

Congrats Dude!

rk97

lol - I remember yelling in my helmet - "did that just fucking happen???" and then thinking that I didn't expect to be able to HEAR the scraping of the puck so much. My stock exhaust on that bike is really quiet.

burning through knee pucks is fun until they start getting expensive :p Be sure to hit up the local bike night and find some posers who will buy your take-offs (tires, AND knee pucks). instant street cred :rolleyes:

congrats.

AU_R1

I got my knee down for the first time at Barber a couple weeks ago. Hearing it actually scared the $#!% out of me, my brother was watching and said it look like I almost wrecked because my jerk reaction to the noise. :haha: