Been around

King Air Pilot

Death Valley Days
Good afternoon,
Been involved with racing and trackdays since its inception, say uh, 1999, TPM, NESBA, Cornerspeed. Saw how it evolved thru the yrs. Anyway, no stranger to this,
hope everyone involved can enjoy what I have enjoyed thru the yrs from Team Hammer to AMA and CCS/WERA. Track days and clubs alike are a great entity. V/R Scott

bmart

Control Rider
My first track day was in 1998 with Jason Pridmore (who I'm strangely going to see next week after not seeing him since!) where I learned very quickly that being the bad a$$ on the street had nothing to do with skill, knowledge, safety, or speed. I stil remember being passed around the outside by that guy who looked like Santa on his BMW with jugs hanging out and saddlebags. Moved through the ranks and VIR South next week will be #326 for me. Always so much more to learn!

King Air Pilot

Death Valley Days
my above message is jacked up. What I meant to say:
Yup, Hopper, had some ears on em huh? I met him once at Nürburgring in 2018. He was riding that course. even though he had a career ending crash, he was hauling ass that day!! If you never ridden Der Ring, you share the course with cars. I was doing US Army work at one of the many Military bases in Germany, had some time and decided to rent a bike since I was close to the Ring, all I could get was a BMW 1000RR. Rented their leathers, rode the course. In 2018, to run the course, all you needed was a spec rdy bike for the German roads, leathers and a helmet. My rental had a rev limiter. here is a pic where I got smoked by an R6.