Bioweapon at Roebling

dpullen

Once again, Team Bioweapon is doing well. The Solo 20 race at Roebling was hot, long, and grueling, but we persevered and pulled off some great finishes.

Dave "Doo" Brown finished a close 3rd in the Expert Heavyweight race on his 750, losing out to a couple of 1000's. He led the race briefly, but kept getting taken on the front straight. That was an awesome showing, and a great race to watch. I saw some of the passes Doo put on people, and I thought "you can't pass someone there!" Dave ended up wearing out his knee puck and rubbing through the leather down to the armor.

Dave Ur walked away from the field in the Novice Heavyweight race, winning by a comfortable margin. It was impressive watching him make his way through the experts.

Brad O'Dell came in 5th, very impressive considering how bloody fast everyone was.

I had a good battle for 1st in the Novice Middleweight race on my new R6. Man that bike is fast. Once I got past Chris, I started throwing lappers at him and finally got a good margin for the win.

All in all, a great showing for Bioweapon. We're hoping that tomorrow proves to be as good as today.

dpullen

Sunday proved to be even better. The weather held out just long enough for Doo and me to finish the last race of the day.

Dave Ur snagged wins in all of his races, beating 2nd place by a healthy margin.

Dave Brown pulled in 2 second places (if I remember correctly) in the 750 Expert races, and finished top 10 against the liter bikes. There was some healthy competition out there, so Doo had to work for it!

Brad O'Dell knocked 2-3 seconds off his lap times, finishing top 5 in his races. I think he had a 4th place in one race; in another, he was in 3rd, but unfortunate timing on passing a lapper on the last lap knocked him from 3rd to 5th.

I ended up with 4 wins and 2 second place finishes. My rear tire (a medium/soft compound) was shagged after the 2nd race and I started moving backward, so a quick change to a new D211-GPA got me back up to speed. There were some hard battles, but the new bike did well, and I was able to figure a few things out so that I could clinch the last 3 races by healthy margins.

In the last race, we had a red flag at the start due to a horrific incident. Fortunately, the injuries were relatively minimal - it could have been so much worse. A friend of mine looped it at the start, and his bike spun around backward, heading into traffic. 3 other bikes were collected up, one launching off of it. Medical was on the scene almost before the crashes had stopped and had everyone taken care of quickly. That was some top-notch support by the WERA officials and medical staff!

tiggen

Wow. Congrats to everybody on the races and well done WERA!! Hope all involved recover speedily! Dave, you gonna be at Tally?

dpullen

That was awesome racing Curtis. It sucks that you were caught up in the pileup in the last race. I'm glad you weren't too badly injured!

D.Brown

Yes it was a tuff weekend,but what a blast! It is great to have Dave Pullen on the Bioweapon team. You keep it fun! Not to mention all the wins you are racking up! Between David Ur, Brad Odell, and pullen,I am worried about next season when you F
"ers are expert! I should look into another sport because, it will only get harder for me when you get those white plates!
Good lucK at Summit D. Ur!
Pullen I envy you,wish I was haeding to Tally, good luck.

See you in the funny papers!!

bodell

Thanks Mr Pullen for all of the updates. You write so well. I am afraid that you were more than generious with your accounts of my finishes and underplayed Dave Ur's. That guy is unbelievable! I dont think he has finished worse than first in his past 6 races! I am coining him the "jug-UR-not" because he is unstoppable. By the way I am still pounding water after that 20 lap race in 97 degree heat.