Blown Away and Worth the Investment

Irish01

I've been hearing about the ECU Flashes that can be done and Chuck mentioned the difference that I would notice while we were at RA 2 weeks ago. All I gotta say is YES! Seriously glad I didn't over think it, and go with it. One of the best investments yet! I'm pretty sure Cory did it as well (not speaking for him) but in my case with the 09' R1, HUGE Improvement! Throttle response = Much quicker and twice the feel, a few laps to get used to but the feel and response was awesome. I didn't feel much in the lower RPM's power wise HOWEVER once the bike got to 8k (which is where I want to be at the lowest point on track) I felt like I was on a completely different bike, just kept pulling and pulling and pulling! I remember just smiling inside my helmet as it took off and didn't want to quit down the back straight. After that it was all FAST (in my case somewhat quick at times :) ) and having a blast! So yes, if your considering doing it I would say hell YES!

Thanks Chuck, you guys have done it again!

noobinacan

Won't speak for Cory, but yes he did get a tune, and what I can tell you is, that his yoshi sounded sick afterwards. deeper growl and just sounded smoother oveall in the pits and on the track.

Ruhe52

Ok so you guys all know I love the big man Chuck like a brother but let me just say this.

I better never. I mean never ever ever ever. Not one more time not even reference or covert code see or hear anyone use the word "Flash" and "Chuck" in the same post.:D

supernakie

Who did you buy from? Price? Turn around time? I have a 09 r1 and have been hearing lots of good things about this for our bikes

Irish01

supernakie;248842 wrote: Who did you buy from? Price? Turn around time? I have a 09 r1 and have been hearing lots of good things about this for our bikes
PERFORMANCE cycleWORX :rtfm:

corymac

Yes I did, and Kenny's right it changed my bike big time. It took a couple of laps just to get use to it again. Now I know why my gearing was way off compare to everyone else running the same R6 as me with a Dnyo Jet or a Bazzaz set up. I was running a 15/47 at VIR North. I was using the gearing just to get my bike to move, not knowing the R6 below 9k rpm is not a 1 to 1 ratio with the throttle and throttle blades. Also I did not know above 10k the R6 will actual start to close the throttle blades a small % up to 16.5k rpm. I hit the throttle in turn 7 at Road Atlanta and about Sh!t myself how quick the bike went up in rpm. Love it!!!!!!!!! Great invest to do if you have a 2006 and up R6 or a R1. Now I just need to take the engine out over the off season and start getting some real power out of the that thing, so I could keep up with the 1000's out there :) I would love to go back to Road Atlanta with a nice set of inconel headers and no muffler on it going down the back straight there.

Meat

Inconel headers...do they actually use inconel for headers? If they do, they must be stupid expensive!!!

corymac

Yeah we use them on are engines. I can get a set for around $6500. Which isn't to bad when the engine is around $120,000.

Meat

corymac;248948 wrote: Yeah we use them on are engines. I can get a set for around $6500. Which isn't to bad when the engine is around $120,000.
Dude, I had NO IDEA you guys used inconel like that! And $6500 is cheaper than I thought they would be.

corymac

I could get a set of stainless steel headers for around $2500 for a set. I would love to see Chuck try a set of inconel. Pro Fabrication does are's