BT-003 RS tires

Neff909

Im doing my first track day on June 9th at Summit. Im looking for some cold tire pressures for my BT-003 RS tires if anyone has run them on the track. I would appreaciate any help and info I can get. :notsure:

jtsgsxr6

Cold tire temps? or cold tire pressures? I use em, I set between 30.5-32 PSI front cold in the morning, and and 30.5-31 rear. I know its weird but I set em and forget em. These tires are not very pressure sensitive, I adjust pressure as needed to get the feel I'm looking for. Other tires I've had have been pickier, but these have not been. Wear has always been great. The only time I'll check hot pressures is if its over 90 ambient. Since this is your first track day don't spend time chasing a 1/4 PSI of pressure. Focus on riding and the instruction you're getting.

Neff909

jtsgsxr6;242076 wrote: Cold tire temps? or cold tire pressures? I use em, I set between 30.5-32 PSI front cold in the morning, and and 30.5-31 rear. I know its weird but I set em and forget em. These tires are not very pressure sensitive, I adjust pressure as needed to get the feel I'm looking for. Other tires I've had have been pickier, but these have not been. Wear has always been great. The only time I'll check hot pressures is if its over 90 ambient. Since this is your first track day don't spend time chasing a 1/4 PSI of pressure. Focus on riding and the instruction you're getting.
Hey sorry about that but yes the cold pressures lol thanks for the good starting point man. I know most guys run dunlops and others I really havnt heard much on these tires. :cheers:

meowculpa

I've aimed for 31 F / 30 R off the track..
often noticed that starting @ 30 F / 28 R cold pressure in the morning gives me the desired range.
I'm with Jtsgsxr6 - I don't keep checking them periodically [ just cold pressure in AM, once off the track , once after lunch to compensate for extreme ambient temps and that's it ]
YMMV

Neff909

Hey thanks guys I really appreaciate the input. These don't seam to be as popular as some of the others that people are running so I'm glad to hear there are a couple people running them on the track.