CMP Track day 6/7

Yamaha851

Is the practice day run like a normal track day? I'd like to ride that day and get my race license but have no intention to do the endurance race Saturday. Is that OK, or is it just for racers?

rpm894

Why not stick around for the sprint races on Sunday? I did the race practices last year before the endurance rounds and just sprints on Sunday.

Yamaha851

It's a financial decision. I signed up for the race school and track day. That's what i can afford this month.

Do they run novice on practice days? I've got a buddy that would like to join me that day. Thanks

GummyShark430

Control Rider
They do not run novice at the practice days and generally require a race license unless acquiring one. Make sure you race once your licensed as the school credentials only last one year. Groups are usually based on your bike class.

bmart

Control Rider
An alternative for your friend may be SuperMoto or Karting on the small track if they're running either.

Yamaha851

Thabks for the info. I'm planning on racing CCS at Kershaw and VIR later this year. Gonna get my feet wet this year and hopefully find an endurance team for next year.

Kart track is a good idea. Been trying to get him to put street tires on his dirt bike for a while now.