Crankcase vent catch can

csteger03

Hello all, I'm looking for some advice on a certin rule for CCS racing as this will be my first year racing. The rule in question is in section 5.2.15. It states "On 4 stroke machines, crankcase ventilation must be routed into a
heat resistant catch can of at least 350cc capacity or the air box.
A. If ventilation is routed into the air box, any drains from the air box
must be sealed.
B. If ventilation is routed to a catch can, the overflow tube from the
catch can must be routed into the intake area of the carburetors so
that any overflow from the catch can will be drawn into the engine.
C. Radiator overflow and battery vent tubes may be routed into a separate catch can that need not be vented into the intake area."

If I were to route the vent into a "catch can" would the oil pan belly be considered acceptable? Or do I need to fabricate a seperate can? My mechanic wants to remove the vent tube completely, and install a filter element in it's place.

Does anyone know if any of these options would work? If not any suggestions on what I could do that is a known acceptable means of compliance? I don't really want to vent into the airbox by the way.

P.S. I'm running a 2009 zx6r if thats helps...

stow

Your vent is already ran into the airbox, so you do not need a catch can. If you remove the vent tube to the airbox, then you will need to run it into some type of collection device. The lower bodywork is not acceptable.