CSS vs YCRS

Gundamzeppelin

If I didn't spend so much getting my bike ready for this track season, I'd sign up for YCRS! The last riding school I went to taught me nothing new.... It was perfect for the guys new to track rider, or didn't know how to throttle blip, rev match, trail brake or never touched the rear brake in their lives. (Btw they taught none of those skills.... They touched on trail braking.:confused: When you are blowing past guys riding 1199's on a stock geared R6 you know you are riding with novices.:() Even the instruction on the race line was lacking. I wont name, names, but I WISH I held on to my money and just done normal track days.

If you can do YCRS do it.

Dylan Code

I'm a coach at CSS. I often hear people debating one school versus another, and there are quite a few out there. YCRS has a unique style that some people really identify with and no one can argue that. CSS offers a lower cost one-day program and also a comprehensive 2 day class as well. Sometimes a person will attend a $450 single day CSS program and compare that experience with a 2 day YCRS program. Regardless of content, two days will be better than one!

NESBA and their alliance with Yamaha and their cooperation and relationship developed with YCRS will yield a number of enthusiastic supporters recommending the school for all the right reasons.

What CSS brings to the table: 34 years of rider training, 52 world and national championships won by students after their training at CSS, and schools held in 28 countries around the world so far. We have been to 117 tracks in our history and have trained a number of people who have in turn started their own schools and track day organizations.

Our training is constantly evolving based on student feedback and results with students both in safety stats and competition results. We feel each year we are able to deliver a better product to the riders who attend.

LossPrev

Judy/others who have taken the YCRS, how do feel about using the stock R6s versus your own bike? If I rode a 600 I wouldn't feel too bad about it but riding a 1000 is just so much different I feel like I'll be able to take away more from my time there. I emailed YCRS and they said I could indeed use my own R1 because it's a Yamaha but they would prefer I use the R6s for the first day and a half. I also know I need to have a side stand and brake light hooked up but that's not a problem.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
LossPrev;n592709 wrote: Judy/others who have taken the YCRS, how do feel about using the stock R6s versus your own bike? If I rode a 600 I wouldn't feel too bad about it but riding a 1000 is just so much different I feel like I'll be able to take away more from my time there. I emailed YCRS and they said I could indeed use my own R1 because it's a Yamaha but they would prefer I use the R6s for the first day and a half. I also know I need to have a side stand and brake light hooked up but that's not a problem.
Good question. I actually feel both ways about that. I always like using my own bike because I'm used to it and feel I'll learn more. Other than top speed, obviously, is riding a 600 vastly different than a 1000? The last near-liter bike I was on was a CBR 929, so I don't have a good reference point. However, I'm a huge believer in a 600 over a 1000 for track use.

I will say, when I took the Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School, I was then using my 929 for the track. We had to ride their Suzuki GSXR 600s. I was afraid I'd spend half the day just getting used to the bike, but that wasn't the case. I felt comfortable on it right away. So much so that I bought one for a dedicated track bike!

I'd say try their R6, at least for the first day. See how you like it, and see if you can use your bike the entire second day if you want. When I take the school again, I'll have to use their bikes. My only concern with that is I'll probably want an R6! LOL.