Did I pay too much $$$

Matt A

Just picked up a 1999 Yamaha R6 in great condition from a dealership for $4,500 out the door... taxes, tags, registration etc included. This baby has 10K on it and looks almost like new and came with a one year all inclusive warranty. Whadda ya think ?? did I do OK ?

alphamale

No offense, I think you probably paid a little too much. I bought a 2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 in perfect condition in January of 2008 for $5800. Of course it was off of ebay.

JVance

Everything included, your're happy and you have some sort of warranty...Yeah you did fine. If you want to scour the earth looking for a better deal they are out there. There is a cost associated with the security of buying from a place you can take it back to if there is a problem, not to mention not having to look at several "better deals" to find they are junk. You can spend a lot of time and $$ LOOKING.

Matt A

thanks for the opinions all! I kinda felt it was a touch steep...but they originally wanted $6200 so I thought I did ok. I had been shopping around for about 2 months and wanted to stay under 5G's in case I dump it at the track I wont be crying too hard all the way home !

Blaise

Yeah, I'd say you paid too much (but only by 500-750). It's not unusual to get a one-two year old supersport for ~6k, which shows how screwy their original price was. It's to get it into your head that you're getting 'a good deal.'

However, it's too late - live and learn. I didn't do too well with my first track purchase either.

Teamck16

I got a wrecked 2005 GSXR 600 with 500 miles on it for $3,500, put $1,000 into it and It looked brand new. The thing about buying a bike is HOW was it ridden. I think that a mile at the track counts for about 2 street miles. You got a warrnty with it so thats nice. And as they said, its nice knowing your not going to maby trash something that cost you $7,000+

Rick Johnson

Hey you got a bike now and you like it and a warranty.You did good
so get to the track for the most fun you will ever have out of bed!:D

rk97

paying for the luxury of financing kinda comes along with any dealership transaction, IMO.

so maybe you paid a little much, but you get to pay for it over the course of the next X months or years. the best 'deals' don't offer that option.