eager ambitious rider willing to throw his body at anything

Folly1

Hank,

The age thing is a good point. I am concerned for the younger riders who are so casual about breaking bones and doing other real damage. It does come back to haunt you. Had I thought about being 65 one day, I might have taken better care of myself.

Ben.

OskyATL

litespeed;120498 wrote: Hey!! I teach at Dalton State College and will be at the Ellijay campus full time starting this summer. I will also be at RA in May. Stop by and say hi...either at RA or in Ellijay.

Lynda
woh awesome I actually looked up your home page. lol. Hey, I'm going to DSC right now and going to do a couple of classes for summer but I'll let everyone that asks about my registration time for may. It will be near the end just to make sure that I am completely prepared for my first track day.

I havn't even done a track day and I'm already liking this lol.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Trent1098S;120349 wrote: It's probably not the right time, and I'm probably not in the right mindset to reply to this at the moment, because I'm usually really nice to the new guys. I'm not going to direct this personally at you, as I don't know you, and for all I know you're being lighthearted and joking around.

That being said... Let me offer a bit of advice.

Crashing at any speed sucks. Crashing at high speed sucks a lot worse.

YOU may not be afraid of coming off the bike - hell, I'm not afraid
of coming off the bike. But I'm wise enough to know that when I come off the bike, I'm going to get hurt, and being hurt sucks. So I don't like coming off the bike, and I do everything I can to AVOID coming off the bike.

Even though I proved yesterday that even if you're careful, it can still happen. I got the bruised body and ego from my bike landing on me after flipping to prove it.

Anyway I'm going to end this debate, argument, whatever right now with one sentence. After I say this, I'm going to take some painkillers and go to bed. I suggest you read this a couple of times and ease in to things, and spend time learning instead of running around with your hair on fire.

A friend of mine broke his neck today on the track.

Go back and re-read that again. I want it to sink in.

I personally know several other people who have ended up in similarly bad shape after crashes. Track riding is addictively FUN, but you ABSOLUTELY MUST respect both the speed and the reprocussions of your actions - it's not just for your safety, but for those you may inadvertantly stuff, spook, bump, asspack, or hit while on the track.

I'm not going to discourage ANYONE from riding on the track - it's very enriching, makes you appreciate life more, and it is both satisfying and fulfulling to learn and progress in speed, skill, and smoothness.

But this ain't bumper-cars, people can and do get seriously injured. Your 400 lb motorcycle don't give two shits about how tough you
think you are when it lands on top of you.

Again, I encourage you to come out and have fun, and I'm certainly not trying to freak you out, scare you off, or personally attack you. I'm ONLY trying to get the point across that the people I ride with, I consider friends, and I don't want to see any of my friends get hurt. Your now a NESBA member, so this includes you

So please be safe. Speed will come with time, you don't have to rush things.

:agree: Safety First
!! Welcome to NESBA...

OskyATL

Thought i'd just update this. I'm registered at Road Atlanta for the end of may, memorial day weekend. I've got all 3 days 28/29/30. So there were a few that asked, so Just leaving that info here for anyone that wanted to know. SEE YOU GUYS(and gals:)) THERE!

ngc81

be afraid. just ask anyone who knew Chad Clifton what can happen in a hospital just when you think you're getting better

nuf said

at least now the rider coaches will know to keep an eye on this young fella.

OskyATL

ngc81;128013 wrote: be afraid. just ask anyone who knew Chad Clifton what can happen in a hospital just when you think you're getting better

nuf said

at least now the rider coaches will know to keep an eye on this young fella.
wtf is your post suppose to even be about?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I'm guessing a late response to your first post. Several of us cautioned you, you listened, I assume ngc is trying to do the same, but I'm missing the Chad Clifton connection. :dunno:

Have fun at Road A!

ngc81

even easy offs can have catastrophic results. watch Faster. Wayne Rainey states the crash that crippled him was "an easy off" Chad broke his back, but was expected to recover and threw a clot. throwing a clot is a risk anytime you bleed internally. I meant no offense, just that it's not healthy to loose respect for the consequences of crashing

it's easy to take back what you said on the forum, but the statement "I'm not afraid to come off the bike" please, you must have the mind set for it and get out there on a fast track like Road Atlanta and get a little dose of speed and you're right back in that mindset and possibly endangering others. like Ben and Trent said, come out and have fun, but please don't come to see how fast you can go, but how well you can go.

: )