Extremely high ambient temperature bad for my bike?

Canali

My bike is stored outside under a black motorcycle cover which receives direct sunlight for much of day. I put a thermometer under the bike cover on a very hot day and found that the temperature under the cover went up to 140 degrees. Could extremely high ambient temperatures like this be bad for my bike? My owners manual just says to store it in a cool and dry place.

Thanks,
Chris

Quantum_Ape

My guess, Rubber and fabric like things will dry out from the heat faster than if not. Battery could lose some H2O from the electrolyte through evaporation if it's not a sealed battery. In which case you need to add distilled watter to bring the levels back up. Other than that i can't think of anything detrimental. The bike gets pretty hot when running so it can take the heat intermittently at least.

If you want to be on the safe side, go get a bike/car cover and you won't have the issue as there designed to not accumulate the heat.

Meat

I personally would avoid it. You are just cooking your rubber and plastic. I would get a breathable all weather cover to keep your bike looking and operating well.