First Track day Questions----Riding at Homestead Jan 21-22

Mopediah125

Hi all,
I'm a new N2 member from Tennessee and am registered for my first track day at Homestead Miami January 21-22 and have a few questions.

1. Will tent camping be available during this event for track riders?
2. Is the pit area a covered structure or outside?
3. Can we stay set-up in the pits overnight?
4. How far is pit from the parking area?
5. Do riders suit up before or after tech/registration?
6. Is there a changing area to suit up?

Thanks in advance for any responses. I've got over 150,000 street miles in but am completely new to track and sport riding and am glad for any info on what the trackday will look like or logistics. Looking forward to the experience and meeting other riders!

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Welcome to the party! You're gonna have a blast.
Someone more official can chime in to answer all your questions, but generally yes. You can get into the facility the evening before the TD and setup your paddock in the areas where it's first come first serve. At some tracks, areas are reserved and you can get that info from the fine folks working the main entrance to the track.
Overnight stays are typically allowed between consecutive track days, but not after the last track day ends. (So sunday evening, Jan 22 you gotta be out of there.)

With N2, you'll need to bring your gear to tech and registration with your motorcycle. (You can choose to wear it all if you'd like, but you'll be standing around for a while in it before your first session begins. So I opt to just bring it to tech, then stay in my PJ's. :cool: )

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
What Brent said! Welcome!

I've not been to Homestead, but at all the tracks I've been to, the pit is the parking area, and isn't covered. Some tracks offer garage rental. There isn't a specific changing area, but the tracks have bathrooms, that would work. Or, duck behind your truck door, lol.
There is usually plenty of time to suit up after the riders' meeting. I have seen folks attend the riders' meeting in leathers, so whatever works for you.

1. I’ve camped in my cargo van for free at Homestead outside Gate 15 several times but when I was there in November, the gate to tent camping was closed and I arrived too late to call. I don’t think tent camping is allowed inside like many other tracks. I would call ahead to prevent a surprise.

2. There is plush garage space you can use. I can’t remember if there is a charge (like VIR) or not. There are dozens and dozens of parking spots right outside the garage for a pop-up paddock so you won’t be dislocated from paddock pals or announcements. The big advantage of the garage is power, smooth floor, cooler in the hotter months and one less thing (canopy) to set up.

3. Yes.

4. Separated only by a lane for pit traffic, not far at all.

5. Advanced Group rides first so they might / might not suit up. Novice Group has been going out on track second but has classroom time after the rider’s meeting and before going on track. Best to suit up for the rider’s meeting so Novices aren’t leaving the classroom and sprinting to get jocked up to make their session. Intermediate Group has been going last so they have 40 minutes of PJ time, second cup and leisurely bathroom time before they jock up.

6. No. If you wear a lycra undergarment (Moto-D or combo of UA stuff), nobody cares much since we are ALL getting in and out of leathers through the day. Maybe I’m getting old but there’s not a lot of time to ogle other people. Most are busy getting ready for their next session or recovering from their lady session (pressure check, warmers, notes, water, snack, telling lies, taking a nap, etc)

Last edited:
I'm a new N2 member from Tennessee
BTW, welcome.

N2 is a really polished club. It’s a well-oiled and mobilized machine that runs track days all over the east coast.

Kappy, John and Quentin are great Track Directors.

The CRs are great.

AJ’s Advanced Training Program is top shelf and a bargain for the quality of dedicated instruction you get.

I encourage you to read the Rider’s Manual not because you’re at risk of breaking any rules but because it has a lot of great info that will help flatten the learning curve.

Hope to see you out there!

Mopediah125

BTW, welcome.

N2 is a really polished club. It’s a well-oiled and mobilized machine that runs track days all over the east coast.

Kappy, John and Quentin are great Track Directors.

The CRs are great.

AJ’s Advanced Training Program is top shelf and a bargain for the quality of dedicated instruction you get.

I encourage you to read the Rider’s Manual not because you’re at risk of breaking any rules but because it has a lot of great info that will help flatten the learning curve.

Hope to see you out there!
Thanks for the detailed info! That answered most if not all my questions/concerns that I didn't find direct answers to in the rider manual.