For anyone sitting on the fence about track days...

Hello, had my first track day with N2 this past weekend (9/7/15) at NJMP and i wanted to relay my experience so anyone that may be sitting on the fence can go ahead and sign up.
I got out of riding about 14 years ago when my youngest daughter was born...and have been jonesing ever since..haha.
Wanting to get back into riding i decided to look into track day riding because it really is a better way to enjoy motorcycles at speed.
I found N2 and a handful of other organizations and started posting on their forums. It quickly became clear that N2 was the organization i wanted to join and i did. The forums offered some very friendly help and advice from both the staff and control riders and also other members.
I acquired the bike and gear over a span of about 4 months. All the while eagerly anticipating the day that my son and i can get out on the track.
Well that day came this past weekend and let me tell you it was worth the time and money invested.
We got to the track the day before and watched a CCS race which was great. After that race was over one of the staff here at N2 found us (HondaGalToo) she invited us to pit near her which was great because she is really nice and really cool.. A pleasure to know.. Some other riders came over and said hello and we all talked about bikes and track days and all kinds of things... Just awesome..really.. Finally the time came to tech the bikes and check in so we did that then went to the riders meeting and then the first timers meeting. Everything was smooth and professional in every way.
For first timers you get a control rider with you and a small group of other first timers and off you go out on the track..and the fun begins. Take it easy, learn the track, respect other riders and you will have the best time imaginable. Throw caution to the wind and you will have a short day and a ride home with a crashed bike. Saw it a handful of times. My day was cut short as my bike stopped working in the first session after lunch..Mark from Markbuilt suggested a few things to look at but i didn't get it running again.. No worries i had more fun in the 3 20 minute sessions than i had in many rides on the street. My son went back out and finished the day and we packed up and went home.
Also just a quick thank you to Colin from shag moto, thank you again man..you hooked my son up with some rental leathers and boots at a great price and saved that gas can for me. We can't wait to get back out in October...i was wondering if there is some form of intervention program because my son and i are most certainly addicted already.
Thank you so much N2 for a truly great experience...one that i can't wait to enjoy again. Peace

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Bummer to hear about the bike problems, but glad to see you guys enjoyed the day. That's what it's all about!

CBRtist

Awesome to hear that you had a great new-to-the-track experience that, in my opinion, only N2 provides in addition to other benefits. Welcome to the family, because that is truly what it is. We spoke about defining what type of rider you are to make the most of the track experience. For me, it's not about the speed or the ride, but catching up with friends and spending time with a great and caring community *group hug lol* :love:

I think I might have even recruited your son's girlfriend to get into it eventually haha ;)

Yes Wendy..she mentioned it...i hope she follows through...who knows..maybe i can get my youngest daughter into it as well. Haha
Was great meeting you too ... Can't wait to go again.

owenschristopherj

I can't even begin to explain how awesome this experience was. I was literally blown away how friendly everyone is.
At first I was nervous looking at this big race track and these machines which have always been somewhat tame on the street, to finally let that bad ass mother trucker scream. After getting around the track for two sessions I was finally at ease to see people at my level. I was able to loosen up at lunch with some awesome feedback from the coaches.. Best part about the coaches is it doesn't seem like a job to them because from my view they love their job (how could you not) I didn't feel like I was bugging them they truly want to help. After the feedback ibstarted the afternoon and turned a New leaf, for my first track day I accomplished a small goal and got my knee down , I was so pumped. All and all I was blown away that how cheap the experience really is considering everything I learned , the fun I had , the goasl I accomplished. And the friends I made.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1441759051840-1.jpg
    FB_IMG_1441759051840-1.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 26