From DOT's to hypersports?

unclepaulie

I was curious to see if there are any advanced riders who have gone from running Dot race tires at the track to a hypersport (street/track) tire?

What was the reason you made the change? Was it finances, longevity of the tire ....etc.

What was the biggest difference you noticed? Grip, life, confidence?

Also curious, at an advanced pace, do you really get more life out of a say DCIII versus a diablo supercorsa?

Thanks for any input or experience you guys may have with this.

Matt H

I have gone between the Supercorsa Pro and the DCIII (back on forth depending on money). You definitely get a little more life out of the DCIII. I've only come across the grip limitation on the DCIII when upping the pace to middle of Advanced to upper part of Advanced pace. Particularly on the hot summer days. I think that ultimately at that pace, the tire gets a bit hot. Now the DCIII has never let go on me - just more of a gentle push and a little spin from the rear - very predictable. But if you are running in the upper half of Advanced, and especially in the summer, you will find the grip limitation of the DCIII. Otherwise, you'll be fine on them.