Front stand for ZX6

jmaher

Does anyone know what front stand will work well with the 09 ZX6R's? I've heard that some of the stands don't fit well and bash up the front fender. I know Vortex works but the old ones are out of stock everywhere (the Amazon vendor is out of stock) and their new stand will not be ready until after the season starts. Someone dropped the ball there.

thanks,

Joe

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
jmaher;231370 wrote: Does anyone know what front stand will work well with the 09 ZX6R's? I've heard that some of the stands don't fit well and bash up the front fender. I know Vortex works but the old ones are out of stock everywhere (the Amazon vendor is out of stock) and their new stand will not be ready until after the season starts. Someone dropped the ball there.

thanks,

Joe
Pit Bull or Woodcraft-CFM Motorsports both make excellent products.

One point, if you only have ONE front stand, get one that lifts by the bottom triple clamp so you can remove your forks for rebuild/servicing, etc.

A stand that lifts under the fork bases won't allow you to do that. As long as you don't crash so hard you snap your forks (Lemondrop Summit Point May 2011), you'll find this is optimal for deploying warmers at track days/races.

Pit Bull makes one that's a combination of the two.

Matt

IMO there's no stand out there worth paying for that doesn't say pit-bull on it.

Get the fork stand for ease of use, then add in the steering stem adapter and you've got both stands in one.

j_fuggin_t

Matt;231669 wrote: IMO there's no stand out there worth paying for that doesn't say pit-bull on it.

Get the fork stand for ease of use, then add in the steering stem adapter and you've got both stands in one.
this... ;)

Meat

I have no idea how well the pit bull fork (not triple tree) stand works on the 09 ZX-6R, but it was horrible on my 05-06 ZX-6R (636). It was a problem with the way Kawi mounted the front calipers. The forks fell off one side of the pit bull stand more than once so I went with something else on that bike.

Matt

jmaher;231707 wrote: To correct myself, I need a triple tree stand.
Thanks for the reply's.

Joe
then the pitbull convertible will still work well for you.

Yank 521

Control Rider
i currently use the vortex front stand. i like it and it is very stable. i do get scuffs in the paint on the front fender but personally it dont bother me. i would say that mine are a bit heavy though. i cant say anything bad about the pitbull stands cause i never used them. if i bought new it would probably be pitbull.

jfeagin

Get the Pit Bull triple tree stand. Just get it. You won't ever regret it. I have pins for all my bikes except the Royal Enfield.