FS: Murf's MW CCS Supertwins Championship 2001 Aprilia RSV-R - $4700

murf

Hello folks - all that have followed our 2008 racing season, or have worked with me in MW B and I groups, are probably familiar with this bike... My 2001 Aprilia RSV-R, on which I won the 2008 CCS Amateur Supertwins championship, and placed 2nd in Heavyweight Superbike.

Offered for sale immediately. Price is $4400. This was an $18,000 bike when new, and it's easy to see why...

115bhp on Dynojet
426lbs on ASRA scales, race ready (1/4 tank of fuel)
The smoothest torque and power curve I have ever ridden... Pulls from 4k to 10k revs! Stock engine internals.

OEM goodies:
Ohlins Road and Track forks (1.0kg/mm springs)
Ohlins Shock (575# spring)
O.Z. Lightweight Forged Aluminum Wheels
Ohlins Steering Damper
Brembo Brakes (Conventional M/C and calipers)

Aftermarket goodies:
Akropovich 2-2 Evo SS/Ti Exhaust
AF1 Airbox Eleminator
Sharkskinz Bodywork
Woodcraft clip-ons
Woodcraft Rearsets
LP Speedscreen

Spares:
Fairing Bracket
Fuel Tank
Windshield
Levers, bars... etc
Sprockets for BHF to Road America

New or replaced this season:
Refreshed suspension, new clutch (friction and steels), 520 chain.

8700 miles, mostly street by previous owner
Clean title
NO street bodywork

This bike is in the best condition I could reasonably prepare/afoard. It's in the same race-winning condition as used in August at the Blackhawk Farms CCS event. I'm selling because I bought an ex-WERA GNF champion 2004 RSV-Factory.

PM here or Email: murf99_awt_gmail_dawt_com

PS - A set of sticker Pirelli Supercorsa Pros included at asking price.

Great Trackday bike, already competitive racer.
364525542_qngMN-L.jpg

murf

Porkey but Torquey - and tougher than a 2 dollar steak!

Ladies and gents - this is a great bike at what I feel is a reasonable price. I'd love to I'd love to ask less, but the thing is worth $5700 in parts... If you'd like to negotiate, however, I'm all ears.

This is a great bike to go racing with if you want to avoid the 'meatgrinder' categories, remain on a budget, and still have fun. Formula 40 legal.

Also, if somebody in teh area buys it, I can throw in a spare set of sharkskinz and some other '01-'03 specific stuff - in the event that I can buy them back if I need to push my streetbike into service (2% chance of that actually happening).

Bucky Badger

Question for ya Todd...was this your ex-street bike that I nearly rode into the ditch on that hard right hand corner by my old house because the dang thing cornered so much better than my R1?

murf

No sir, that was my street bike. This bike handles BETTER, since the already quality Ohlins has been resprung and valved for race use :)

Great chassis!! Might be the best handling bike I've ever ridden! I'm still getting used to the '04...

twin ty

Bump for a good guy and a nice bike. The one I have (Aprilia) is bullet proof and easy to work on.

murf

Thanks Ty - price dropped to $4400. Putting it up on CCS and WERA boards today...

JonGu

Pffftttt, what's a big bike like that good for if it can't even pass a complete piece of crap stocker 636? :D :eek:uttahere:

dlockhart5x

JonGu;25753 wrote: Pffftttt, what's a big bike like that good for if it can't even pass a complete piece of crap stocker 636? :D :eek:uttahere:
Perhaps he had other reasons, like personal well being, for not wanting to be ahead of you? :saythat:
:cheers:

murf

JonGu;25753 wrote: Pffftttt, what's a big bike like that good for if it can't even pass a complete piece of crap stocker 636? :D :eek:uttahere:
Because it's sexy and Italian.

And Dave's right - behind you I have a better chance of avoiding the inevitable yard sale, lest I become a part of it. :popcorn::haha:

I have a bunch of photos, taken today, from all angles, both with and without bodywork. Need to find a little corner of the net to upload them to.

In the mean time, email me if interested, and I will send photos to your address.

SLAPSHOT

How do you compare the maintenance needs of the Rotax vs a Ducati desmoquattro engine if it’s raced 6 sprints for a 4-5 weekend season? What was your maintenance routine the last season it was run? I really want to try to run a twin next year, but am not real interested in running an SV 650 in LW's. Thanks!

murf

Maintenance was straightforward. Change the oil after every 3 weekends or so (only doing 2 sprints per weekend). Inspect clutch twice per year. I have 3 Aprilias and they have all been bullet-proof.

The valve seats are quite hard, so adjustments are rarely needed, even at reccomended inspection intervals (10k miles).

The motors are incredibly robust. My only complaint is that, because of the dry-sump lubrication system, checking the oil level is quite difficult (needs to be donw with the bike at operating temperature).

I have never owned a Ducati myself, so I am not able to comment directly on maintenance requirements... but I'd wager a guess that, since the Ducati Desmo valve adjustment intervals are something like ~5k (and need it), and the Ducatis seem to be put together a lot more, erm, creatively that the Aprilia is significantly lower maintenance.

THe maintenance on my Aprilias tended to be comperable to that of my Honda 600RR.