Generator ?

Snow

Just a quick question. Will a Yamaha EF1000iS generator power/run one set of warmers?

I would check the actual power draw of your warmers from their manufacturer. Some of them draw up to 1200 watts which would over load that genset.

Snow

beechkingd;42566 wrote: I would check the actual power draw of your warmers from their manufacturer. Some of them draw up to 1200 watts which would over load that genset.
Thanks for that info, I looked at the Chicken Hawk web site and found that the front warmer uses 550W and the rear warmer uses 600W. Mathimatically the Yamaha
EF1000iS is to small for the job, but is anyone out there useing this generator with no problems, if so let me know.

dmb367

Snow;42588 wrote: Thanks for that info, I looked at the Chicken Hawk web site and found that the front warmer uses 550W and the rear warmer uses 600W. Mathimatically the Yamaha
EF1000iS is to small for the job, but is anyone out there useing this generator with no problems, if so let me know.
1000W is too small for one set, look into something a tad bigger.

Snow

dmb367;42595 wrote: 1000W is too small for one set, look into something a tad bigger.
That’s what I was afraid of. Let me ask you guys this; I wanted an inverter generator for the cleaner power supply to the warmers. I was worried that using a standard generator could possible damage warmers due to the inconsistent electrical wave pattern that is produced by none inverter generators. Has anyone ever heard of this problem, or had this problem?

sobottka

a standard genny will be fine. be aware that most generators are rated at their max output and do not supply power continuously at that rate.

RICKYROADRACER

Snow I use the EF 1000iS with digit Chicken Warmers, I've had no problems, yes bigger is better in this case but if you have that unit it will be fine.

Snow

RICKYROADRACER;42629 wrote: Snow I use the EF 1000iS with digit Chicken Warmers, I've had no problems, yes bigger is better in this case but if you have that unit it will be fine.
Thanks for that info, No I don't have the EF1000iS but was interested in buying that unit. I do how ever have a standard gen. but just don't like all that noise. If you have that unit and have had no problems I may look into it further. One question, do your warmers warm to full temp?

RICKYROADRACER

Yes, everything is fine and my digital readout is 175 degrees ready hot temp. When we camp it runs our space heater also no problems.

A59

Mayberrys in NJ. Got my Honda EU2000 for 879 no tax no shipping. Have run two sets of warmers a number of times. HONDA.