Gloves questions

f4iguy

picture.php
I will be at my first track day at BHF on 8-30 and I have a few questions regarding gloves.

First, I have a pair of leather gautlets which are not racing gloves. They are the kind a guy on a cruiser would wear. They are real leather, and are in good shape. No holes, and stitching is good. would these for sure pass tech? If not, on to question two

My hand measures 3 3/4 in. across the widest part of my palm, and 7 3/4 in. from the start of my palm to the tip of my middle finger. If anyone out there has similar size hands and a pair of gloves that fit well, could you please tell me the size and make and model of those gloves so that I could try to order some. I just don't trust size charts on short notice with no time to send them back for a better fit.

Thanks

barry38

As long as they are guantlet style (will fit over the sleeves of your leathers and cover the wrist) you should be ok. Post a picture of them on your hand and we can tell you for sure.

yamhopper

FYI ... just my experience.... Definately get a good pair of gloves. I wore through a pair of gloves during a crash and ground the base of my palm almost to the bone. The gloves I was wearing were a decent gauntlet style but did not have good reinforcing in that area. I paid the price, and now only wear quality gloves made for the sportbike/trackday rider.

finny47

Held gloves

Based on what I've seen in past posts on the old board, I bought a pair of Held Gloves. They are actually sized to the 1/2 size. I measured my hand according to their chart and bought a 9.5. It was the best fitting gloves I've ever owned.

The latest Sport Rider also has a glove comparison and tells which have an accurate size/fit.

Cya at the track on the 30th.

f4iguy

will post pics tonight

I will post some pics tonight when I get home. If your on here Barry, around 6:30, 7:00 pm check back. Thanks man I appreciate it.

I will order some good gloves If I can be sure on sizing.

Thanks again.:D

f4iguy

Hey Finny

You must have replied while I was typing mine! Glad to hear I won't be the only F4i guy there. I'll look into the Held gloves.

track4me

f4iguy;9747 wrote: I will post some pics tonight when I get home. If your on here Barry, around 6:30, 7:00 pm check back. Thanks man I appreciate it.

I will order some good gloves If I can be sure on sizing.

Thanks again.:D
Or order from a place with no restocking charges and just order 2 or 3 sizes and return the ones that don't fit. May not be the cheapest place that offers no restock fee but could be worth it in your situation!

barry38

I would let them pass tech, however, the lack or any armor or padding does concern me. I seriously doubt that these gloves would provide even a minimum level of protection in the event of a crash when you slide for any distance.

I HIGHLY recommend that you get a pair of track oriented gloves. Check the current issue of Sport Rider, there is a great article on gloves. You can get a decent set for $150, maybe less if you shop around. You can order just about any brand through NESBA at parts@nesba.com too.

Trust me, spending $150-$200 on gloves in WAY cheaper than skin grafts and orthopeadic hand surgery.