GP Shift - Pros Cons?

I love GP shift. I messed up once the day I switched and almost highsided myself to the moon in turn 9 on Summit Main. Once I learned though it was worth it.

avizpls

#11-A
I swapped mine to GP because even on the street I was draggin toes when short shifting through a left hand sweeper. I like it much better. I make mistakes when I go from GP to std. I have bikes with both. Honda Rebel 250 is hard to convert.

paul0812

Get it !!

I changed mine last year and grew accustom to it after a few laps.. just train your mind to shift differently.. down means faster !! who wants to slow down..

avizpls

#11-A
one of the things I used to think of to remember the swap was how you sit upright to downshift, you can thing of an exagerated version where you lean back and pull up on the shifter. When you're going down a straight, youre tucked forward and its much easier to push down on the shifter.

eta: you want cons too....the only one is the poorly timed down-shift mistake. But thats only a mistake in getting used to the swap. Once you get it down, IMHO there ARE no cons.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I have GP on my GSXR and standard on my R1, both used on the track...sometimes on the same day. I have a sign on the triple clamps to remind me which is which but haven't screwed up so far. By the way, the GSXR has GP shift with a quick shifter....this is the way to go IMHO. Just tap the shifter in any situation and grab a gear..no fuss no muss.:D

rk97

^ what I've been told about quick shifters (and slipper clutches for that matter):

"once you use a quick shifter, you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner, and never want to ride without one! ...but it's also one more expensive part to break if/when you crash."

rcr14

I got a dynojet q/s. ordering was big ?? with gp shift. +1 if buying one,if you have $200 lying around. you won't find alot of deals on them.IMO