Grattan or Gingerman

RubberSideDown

I live in Cincinnati and I am looking for new track options for 2013. I started track days several years ago with NESBA and am to the point that I would like to start sampling different midwest tracks. So far I have ridden Putnam (a lot), Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges and BeaveRun (Pitt Race). I realize that I have to travel several hours in order to get to the tracks so I want to make sure that I pick the best ones based on many different factors such as fun factor, technicality, track surface, condition of the facilities (toilets and showers), etc. Feel free to dissect and rate the tracks on these and other factors. I’d really like info on both tracks.
Since not many people on my forums reach these tracks and it seems that this group is located closer to Lake Michigan I am hoping you guys can help. Please help me chose between Grattan and Gingerman.

Thanks in advance!

some guy #2

I've only been to Grattan for races and only ran CW. I love that track but not like I love Putnam (former home track) or just enjoy Mid-O.

The facilities at Grattan are like Nelson's but the track is about 1000 times better :D

I've heard G-man is a good tack as well and the seams everyone complains about are not really a problem.

tittys04

Yeah, I like Grattan, but don't really like Gingerman. That may have to do with a triple digit highside... but that's just me ;)

It's been awhile since I've been to either one, so I can't remember the facilities at each place too well.

MANIX

Control Rider
I have only rode Gratton. but let me tell you the track is fun and alot of differnt types of turns. and some of the locals are the craziest.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Never been to Gingerman. However, Grattan is an awesome track! It's got a bit of everything. I've only ridden it CW.

Corn Fed

Both tracks are fun, Grattan is more challenging and can be run CW or CCW. Gingerman has nicer personal facilities, seams shouldn't be a problem, heck I see seams at Barber in every video. I like all tracks, even Nelson Ledges :)

ridngsxrs

Gingerman is a cool flat track that's been repaved and a newer carousel. Facilities are nice. My first time there the seams did get to my head but as soon as you follow somebody it's no big deal at all and all of a sudden you forget about after your 2-3rd session.

Grattan is a super super super super super fun, challenging track with tons of blind corners. Facilities are dark and dingy. It was bad enough, the wife wanted a hotel and we stayed at the Candlestone Golf and Resort about 10 minutes away.

I will not camp at either places because the MOSQUITOES are horrendous!!!! Once it get's darker them 'skeeters come out and eat your alive. Either you hide in your tent or camper or douse yourself with bug repellent.