great stupid Q. about my motor won't start

ridelater

Took the old bike out(05' zx6rr) started it up great. then over the next day, changed the tires and put on clip-on, then put it back together and the now the damm thing just won't start. plugs are new, stated for a second then died. I held it wide open when i got it going and it felt like it was hitting on a few clinder. now nothing. what change the plugs again any ideas. Could any of the wires up front i took off w/ the stock bars deal w/ the starting

barry38

Did you change any of the levers?? Not sure if Kawi uses a swtich on the clutch lever or not..... Is the fuel pump running???? If you shoot ether into the intake does it start????

ridelater;10683 wrote: Took the old bike out(05' zx6rr) started it up great. then over the next day, changed the tires and put on clip-on, then put it back together and the now the damm thing just won't start. plugs are new, stated for a second then died. I held it wide open when i got it going and it felt like it was hitting on a few clinder. now nothing. what change the plugs again any ideas. Could any of the wires up front i took off w/ the stock bars deal w/ the starting
I great this to remember, is if it worked b4 you touched it and it doesn' now, 9 times out of 10 it's something you've done.
go back check all your connections, her my email hit me up and i can help you try to fix the issue ajcycleperf@aol.com

toptaz1000rr

BTW holding ANYTHING wide open til its warmed up is not a good idea unless you are looking to have rings and valves for lunch ... IMO... :)

toptaz1000rr;10941 wrote: BTW holding ANYTHING wide open til its warmed up is not a good idea unless you are looking to have rings and valves for lunch ... IMO... :)
lmao! you know i actually missed that part even tough i did read it!:dunno:

toptaz1000rr

wide open on a bike that was 'sitting' for a while is a GREAT way to eat rings since they are super dry and not lubed...

scorch the engine walls... fry pistons...lol.. host of issues.. not saying that is what happened .. BUT >............................................ YA NEVER KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ridelater

:argh:i will follow up here. changed the plugs, dumped the gas, fuel pump working, and connection check, fuses checked. does the zx6rr/kawi's have a clutch side ground. something w/ the leveler?:argh:

ridelater

i just disconnected the power commander, and it fires up for several seconds now ever time. making progress. with the injectors off it still fires up the same. Is this wear my problems is. there is fuel getting through. Am I suppose to see fuel spraying out of the injector B/c i am not

any ideas

ridelater

i am solving my own problems here, just took my friend injector and it fire right up.

how do you clean of check each injector or do i have to buy a new one

toptaz1000rr

sometimes like a car there is a port you can hook an injector cleaner to and spary it through ..
you can try taking out all the injectors and lrunning carb/incector cleaner through each one and see if that fixes/cleans it

with race cars we used to take the injectors out .. throw them in a bucket of carb/injector cleaner... (SOMETIMES kerosene works too) and let it sit over night ...

then blow a pressure air through them .. (NOT HIGH PRESSURE) you could blow out the internal diaphrams..

other than that .. EGAY and find a spare/replacement set ..

not sure you are ... but the more you use ether/starting fluid to start a bike that has 'other' problems the faster you dry out the walls and rings... NO GOOD!!

ridelater

problem solved after stripping my friends bike apart and trying everything its the :doh:fuel pump :doh: thank god though w/o his bike i would of been grabbing at straws

barry38

I had the same problem with my R6 back in the spring. You could hear the fuel pump running, but the bike would not start. Changed, spark plugs, ecu, etc. Nothing. Got back home, took it to Speedwerks and they shot ether into the intake, the thing fired right up and promptly died. Fuel pump is bad.

Glad you got it sorted out.

mike574

:notsure:Well my bike(05' zx6rr) was not working and I checked everything, finally switched in my friends gas tank and she good so it's the fuel pump. Is there a way to fix the pump, blow it out/clean or just cough up the money for a new one. (do fuel pumps clog/go to sh!t):notsure:

mike574

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that was me ridelater, not this asshole, i just stole this computer that is all