Hanging off the bike question.

fitz

1> How much weight should be on the inner thigh vs the foot peg?

2> How much does it effect the weight distribution by putting more or less weight on the foot peg or the inner thigh, if any.

3> My knees aren't the greatest so I find myself "hanging" by my inner thigh more to relieve some of the weight off my knee, am I in effect creating more of a lean angle on the bike or is it more important that I'm my body's center line is moved to the inside?

fitz

slowpoke

you mean inner thigh of outside leg, right?

at one point i was told to put nearly all of my weight on the inside peg. this did two things for me: 1) it didn't give me a lot of stability on the bike b/c i would end up holding on a bit with arms
2) it exhausted me very quickly especially at NJMP.

i can only tell you that for me, i now have more of my weight on the inside of my outer thigh. This keeps me for getting cramps and holds me on the bike better w/out using arms.

my $.02

Meat

fitz;89136 wrote:
2> How much does it effect the weight distribution by putting more or less weight on the foot peg or the inner thigh, if any.

3> My knees aren't the greatest so I find myself "hanging" by my inner thigh more to relieve some of the weight off my knee, am I in effect creating more of a lean angle on the bike or is it more important that I'm my body's center line is moved to the inside?

fitz
2) What makes the difference from a physics standpoint is where your CG is, not how much weight you react where. Your CG is your CG no matter if you are reacting that weight through your pinky toes or your left ear. That is what affects the weight distribution (assuming all other things remain the same, such as acceleration).

3) Same as above but this one depends on the combined CG of you and the bike and since you really aren't changing the CG of the bike, then it is your CG that we are concerned with (see above comment).