Have you ever been tempted to cheat???

PJZOCC624

I must say, I'm getting dangerously close to straying from a wonderful relationship. I'm just not getting what I need out of it I guess.:( It's no one's fault, really. But I feel like I'm about to stray.... maybe it's my own bad luck, really. I'm always working when the other is available to me, and when I'm finally ready to give of myself, the other has comitted themself to other priorites.

See, it's been a really crazy year for me. I made 2 weekends this year. Summit Main WAY back in March (f'ing cold it was!) and Beave back in mid-April. Since then, it's been topsy turvey. Mom was sick and was in the hospital, for which I flew to Florida for 2 weeks to spend some QT with her. Well, we lost Mom May 31st, :(and I needed to take another couple weeks to go to FL for services and help my father. Then, 3 weeks later my wife gave birth to our first... a son! :D Joseph "Joey Boombots" Zoccolillo.... man he's awesome! Needless to say, I burned up any remaing vacation, sick, and holiday time to spend 10 days home with the new fella..... So, what does all this have to do with ANYTHING???:notsure:

Well, I've got every other weekend off, and only 2 more weekends that coincide with NESBA dates. So, I'm probably going to have to stray from my monotonous relationship with NESBA to in order to get my much needed track fix this year. Please, don't hate me or think less of me.... but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do ---- as long as his wife says it's OKAY.

(Well, I suppose I could be a bigger dork, but I'm not quite sure how...)

If anyone has any input on STT I'd love to hear it. I've done one day with TPM, and wasn't really impressed with their attitude. I'd use them again just to get on the track, but wouldn't go for the "experience". Know what I mean? (Heck, I'd even get a boob job if I could ride with FEMMOTO.... but the "boys" would stay put)

Can you tell I'm at work.... and it's SLOOOOOWWWWWW.... kinda like me! Is it beer o'clock yet??? Need to get home and tinker with the bike. I think I'll take off the rear wheel and see how far down the street I can roll it. I wonder if the dog will fetch it???

xoxox

beevan217

I don't condone "cheating" but, it should be ok to meet new "friends"....lol I don't think that would be an issue. Sounds like you need to do something that you want. You've had a rough time on your hands man. Sorry to hear about your mom bro, my condolences. Many blessings on your boy though!! I would say, talk it over with your manager (wife) and see how some "you" time can be worked out. We all need it from time to time, even when things are tight or even hectic. Good luck

PJZOCC624

Thanks for the thoughts Barron! My wife is very supportive of this little habit of mine. She's also been very understanding of my need to get back on the track...

I'm working out the schedule and trying to swap a couple days here and there. I registered for the Beave Sept 6th&7th this morning. So I'm starting to get anxious!

The only thing I'm apprehensive about is I just picked up an 04 GSXR 600. I figure I'm gonna spend the whole weekend getting used to it, getting the set-up right on it, etc. So, I'll be at the back of the pack for the first couple days, but I'm hoping I get up to speed quickly. Can't wait!!!

beevan217

NICE!! Congrats on the new bike. Don't worry about being in the back, I just came back from VIR 2 weekends ago & I was getting passes left & right....lol First time on the track in a year (2 knee surgeries on right knee in Nov '07) so I just stayed off the main line & gave room so people could get around me. Had a rough time on VIR South but, felt better on North (able to scrape as welll!!!). Thinking about doing Beaver Aug 16 & 17, then Summit Main 13-14, then Thunderbolt Sept 15. Felt like the Tin man from the wizard of Oz (RUSTY!!! LOL) but, I still had a blast.

Take your time, get used to the bike & most important:

RIDE THE HELL OUT OF IT!!!

Enjoy the new Baby (GSXR) & good to hear things are looking better bro.

rk97

PJ - we missed you out there this weekend. Pope was talking all crazy, saying he's considering a liter bike. you shoulda been there to reign him in ;)

My input on STT is going to be consistent with what you've probably already heard - Their "I" group has a wide range of skill level, because their B group is painfully structured. I have one more event booked with STT, and the coaches from my first event told me to sign up for intermediate. I've improved since you saw me ride last, but I'm still definitely a beginner by NESBA's standards. In STT's "I" group, I could honestly be very mid-pack. Think if every NESBA "B" rider who asked for the bump got it. That's STT's "I" group.

With that in mind, for you, I can confidently tell you that your only real decision is if you want to be one of the 3 fastest guys in "I," or one of the slower guys in "A."

if it's going to be the 'maiden voyage' on the new ride, I would say go with "I." Otherwise (unless you're on a track that's new to you) I think you'd do fine in A group with STT.

what track and weekend are you looking at? I have STT credits to use up from April, and we could pit together, if not ride together :D

keep in touch!

Pascal

Letting work get in the way of track days? man talk about needing to manage the priorities in your life :)

PJZOCC624

Pascal;2585 wrote: Letting work get in the way of track days? man talk about needing to manage the priorities in your life :)
Listen, slapass... I'm trying my best to win the MegaMillions. If I do it's "goodbye" to the seedy world of selling drugs. If it happens, I'll be taking applications for my personal pit-bitch. Send application and picture of ass-less chaps to my email address.

Chris, when I get a date or two I'll let you know. Gotta get some nailed down.

I'm definitely in for Sept 6/7 at Beave with NESBA

bike428

Speaking of cheating.....I guess I must stand up like I am in an AA meeting and say "Hi...My name is Calvin and I'm an adulterer". I live in Raleigh NC and usually role in the SE at VIR, Road A, and Barber. I moved here from NY in 1994 and used to race at Bridgehampton (yes...bikes had motors back then) and Loudon. So I guess to be on the NE board is like going back to a high school sweetheart. lol. I see my boy Barron over here. Anyway, I rolled with STT at Barber and found them to be pretty cool. Actually I was having a great time until one rocky moment. Having never road with them I just assumed you had to sign up for B.....so I did. I found myself in a classroom in the morning learning where the throttle was the difference between the brake lever and the clutch lever (just kidding...I think STT does an AWESOME job with beginners). Anyway, I was very patient all day Saturday and asked to move to A on Sunday. That is when it got rocky. A couple of AMA cats (one of them was the guy I bought my bike from) where trying to sell their A spots so I asked for a bump to A knowingt there was space. I was told it was absurd and impossible to be bumped from B to A in one day (even though I could have signed up for A from my living room online using the old plastic). Where it got absurd though was whenI was told I could buy an A spot from someone else (ERRRRRR? said like Elroy's dog on the Jetsons). After an interesting exchange/debate on that subject the head control rider Felix (an awesome guy) came to my rescue and co-signed that I was fast and smooth enough to be in A without being of harm to myself or anyone else. Next day rolled in A (with my boys who ride I with NESBA) and had a great day punishing them after being hazed by them all day and at dinner saturday night for being in B. :) Not that there was any shame in being in B but that I had done so to stay as far away from them cuz I was scurd to roll with them. lol I think you will be fine to sign up for I or A. They seem very reasonable about a self bump between the two. It is just ABSURD to go from B to A unless you bring cash to buy a spot from someone else and sell yours (you just can't make this sh*t up). P.S. I found there to be a very mature crowd there. They rolled all day Saturday without a red flag in any of the groups. NOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE!!! :-D

PJZOCC624

Well, I'm headed to NJMP on Labor Day (9/1) with STT. I feel so cheap... so dirty.... like a dirty little crack-whore trying to score some asphalt. I'm so ashamed...:(

NO! NOT REALLY!!!! Can't wait to try out the new track and get the GIX6 dialed in! I've got the forks done, gettin' the shock this week, new rubber, new paint job (having pros do it for me...) Just afraid with all the nervous excitement and the new goodies on the bike, paint job, etc.... I may be jinxing myself.... let us pray:

DEAR LORD, WHO I LOVE SO MUCH AND TAKES SUCH GOOD CARE OF ME, AND GAVE ME A BEAUTIFUL WIFE AND HEALTHY BABY BOY, DEAR GOD PLEASE KEEP ME SAFE AT THE GLORIOUS NEW NEW JERSEY MOTORSPORTS PARK, WHICH YOU HAVE GIVEN US SO GRACIOUSLY. AND, OH GOD, IF IT BE IN YOUR MERCY, PLEASE LET ME AND THE BIKE COME HOME IN ONE PIECE. AND, O LORD, IF ITS NOT TOO MUCH TROUBLE, I WOULD LIKE TO SET THE LAP RECORD WHILST THERE. THANK YOU, IN YOUR NAME, AMEN.

Peace be with you all.