Helmet cooling fans?

JVance

Are you talking about the fans people put their helmets on in the pits? It is used to help dry the helmet. You used to be able to get them at walmart for $10. I think mine came from Linens & Things.

John

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I have one of these
51V6MWVRYSL._AA260_.jpg

It tilts up and you can put the helmet directly on top of it. Just make sure to open your visor to get the flow through it. You can pick this up for around $10 and it's made by Honeywell.

95coupe

Thunderace;27185 wrote: I have one of these
51V6MWVRYSL._AA260_.jpg

It tilts up and you can put the helmet directly on top of it. Just make sure to open your visor to get the flow through it. You can pick this up for around $10 and it's made by Honeywell.
Those rock, i saw one of those at the barber track day and it worked great.

hotwings

For larger groups, we took a regular box fan, made little 2" pvc pipe legs for it. Holds 3 to 4 helmets, and has three speeds. The little fan looks nice, but I worry about my lid falling off of it.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Unless people hit the table it's on, it's quite stable. When you tilt the body upwards it clicks with some type of mechanism to hold it at that angle. I'm not saying that it's perfect, but the opening of your helmet is almost identical to the size of this fan. The lower rim sits nicely on the circumference of the fan.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Also works nice to dry the helmet after washing the liner. If you've never washed your helmet you should, You'll be amazed at how dirty it really is after a season of riding

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
slow_honda;27293 wrote: Also works nice to dry the helmet after washing the liner. If you've never washed your helmet you should, You'll be amazed at how dirty it really is after a season of riding
Buck, :loofah::haha: Nuf Said!