Hit-air vest replacement cartridge needed for Pitt Race 6/17

kcor

Kris
Hi trackday brothers and sisters,

Can anyone who is coming to Pitt Race spare an extra cartridge for a Hit-Air vest? With my history, I encouraged the makers of the Hit-air vest to put a bandolero-style holster for extras. This would allow me to change out quickly as I re-tech... but they haven't listened yet.

Thanks,
Kris [not Smith]
Master of Unnecessary, Wet Mock-race Leg-Dangles

Louber

Hi trackday brothers and sisters,

Can anyone who is coming to Pitt Race spare an extra cartridge for a Hit-Air vest? With my history, I encouraged the makers of the Hit-air vest to put a bandolero-style holster for extras. This would allow me to change out quickly as I re-tech... but they haven't listened yet.

Thanks,
Kris [not Smith]
Master of Unnecessary, Wet Mock-race Leg-Dangles

Hi Kris! From this post, I am assuming your Hit Air has deployed in anger. What are your impressions? I'm very interested in a system like this.

Thanks!

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I have a question. From Kris's description it sounds like a new cartridge is a you need to reset the vest. Almost like you can repack it like a parachute.
I always thought that once deployed you have to replace the whole vest.

tdelegram

Control Rider
A new co2 cartridge and some repacking and they are good to go. They are tough and can take a slide too, I deployed mine at 55ish tucked the front and landed on my shoulder, slid the width of the track repacked and it's been fine since. If you do pop a bladder then they need replaced. Cartridges are $15 bucks if I remember correctly.